(Vote for 3)
All candidates are welcome to post their campaign information on SmartVoter.org. Any candidate who has not yet received an invitation should e-mail email@example.com and include a viable phone number.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Commissioner, City of Malibu Parks and Recreation Commission
- Commissioner, City of Malibu Wastewater Advisory Committee
- Lifeguard, L.A. County Fire Department - Zuma Beach
- Board of Directors, Boys & Girls Club of Malibu
- Small Business Owner, Peak Power Electric
- Professional Surf Instructor
- PCH Safety: Making PCH safer for the 13,000+ residents and 13,000,000+ visitors traveling on this highway regularly.
- Preserve Malibu: Retail diversification ordinance to support & promote new and existing locally-owned and operated businesses.
- Public Safety: Work with the L.A. County Fire Dept. & Sheriff's Dept. to develop more effective emergency plans.
- Occupation: retired teacher
- Member of Malibu City Council 1992-2004
- Member of Planning commission 2006-2012
- Vice-Chair General Plan Task Force
- Member of the Los Angeles Public Safety Commission
- Preserve Malibu's natural and cultural resources
- Build a budget reserve equal to a year's general fund revenue
- Remodel the Michael Landon Recreation center to better serve the community
- Occupation: Journalist/Environmental Analyst
- BA, MA, JD (law degree)
- News editor at ABC7, KTLA, CBS2 and CBS News.
- 15-year homeowner in Malibu Park
- Won changes at Trancas, including 7-acre wild park
- Won $12m from cell companies for powerpole repairs in Malibu Canyon
- Won sign changes and other improvements on Kanan Dume Road
K. Missy (McSweeney) Zeitsoff
- Public safety first: make PCH safer for cars, pedestrians and bikes. Fix the water system.
- Local control: make the city act responsibly to take control from outside agencies like Coastal and Caltrans
- Preserve and enhance the Malibu Way of Life: we are a rural beach town, not Laguna, not Calabasas, not Rodeo Drive.
- Occupation: teacher
- UCLA-B.A. English/Speech
- UCLA-School of Ed-Secondary Credential
- Founding Malibu City Councilmember
- Woman of the Year Assembly District 41/1995
- Malibu Times Dolphin Citizen Award
- PTSA Honorary Service Award
- Stop the proposed Lagoon and Sewer Projects; Retail Diversification Ordinance
- Public Safety- Wildfire Prep, PCH, road repairs citywide, more LASD
- View Restoration Ordinance; Separation of SMMUSD, SkatePark,, ,
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- City of Malibu
- Election page
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.