UNCERTIFIED FINAL COUNT
(Vote for 3)
All candidates are welcome to post their campaign information on SmartVoter.org. Any candidate who has not yet received an invitation should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include a viable phone number.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Council Member
- Served on City Council 1984 - 1996 & 2004 - Present, Mayor 1988 - 1996 (Did not seek re-election in 1996)
- 2007 El Segundo Citizen of the Year
- El Segundo Chamber of Commerce Board Member, Committee Chair & member
- Economic Development Advisory Committee
- El Segundo Unified School District "C" & "E" Bond Executive Committees
- Planning Commission 1982 - 1983
- For the past 30 years, I have worked to prevent negative impacts upon El Segundo from LAX and I will continue to.
- Our schools are not part of city government, but they are an important part of our community. I helped draft the joint use agreements in prior years.
- It is crucial that the city be prudent in the financial realm. Other priorities include Disaster Preparedness & Public Safety
David S. Burns
- Safe neighborhoods for our seniors and children
- Maintain a balanced budget -- live within our means
- Focus on economic development
- Occupation: Emergency Manager
- Measure "M" Bond Committee - El Segundo Unified School District
- El Segundo USD Facilities Advisory Committee
- Director/Volunteer - El Segundo Super Saturday CPR Annual Event
- Director & Lead Program Instructor, El Segundo FD CERT (Community Emergency Response Team.
- Chairman - El Segundo Business & Industry Preparedness Committee
- Board of Director's, California Emergency Services Association (CESA), Southern Chapter
- I am voting "NO" on Measure P - Protect our local Fire & Paramedic Ambulance Transport Services
- Fiscal Sustainability - "real" balanced budgets; living within our means
- Monitor Revenue; Prioritize and Finance Citywide Infrastructure Repair
- Occupation: Engineer
- BSME University of Illinois
- Former Board Member El Segundo Ed Foundation
- Former Member El Segundo CIPAC Committee
- Chairman, St. Anthony School Council
- Member & Past President El Segundo Kiwanis
- 35 years manufacturing & management experience
- Reduce the cost of city services
- Instill accountability for meeting budgets into city management
- Restore trust and proper diplomacy to The City Council
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of El Segundo
- City Council and City Clerk Candidates Forum,
April 4, 2012, 7 - 9 pm,
El Segundo City Council Chambers,
350 Main Street
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.