Unofficial 2012 Results (as of 4/10/12 10:09 pm)
(Vote for 4)
All candidates are welcome to post their campaign information on SmartVoter.org. Any candidate who has not yet received an invitation should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include a viable phone number.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Andrew N. "Andy" Weissman
- Responsible Development and Economic Growth
- Regional Cooperation on Environment and Quality of Life Issues
- Community Wide Discussions re: City Priorities
- Occupation: Community Organizer
- Chair & CEO, Culver City Downtown Neighborhood Association
- First Vice-President, Culver City Democratic Club
- Secretary, Linwood E. Howe School Site Council
- Member, Advisory Committee on Redevelopment
- Member, Green Space Advisory Committee
- Co-founder, Culver City Bicycle Coalition
Micheál "Mehaul" O'Leary
- Fiscal Responsibility: Will work to improve government efficiency and maximize use of funds and resources.
- Strong City Services: Will preserve resources for needed services such as Fire and Police, Animal Control, and Youth, Teen and Senior services.
- Sustainable City: Will continue efforts for environmental education and resource conservation in Culver City.
- Occupation: Councilmember/Business Owner
- Culver City Mayor and former Vice Mayor
- Former Culver City Redevelopment Agency Chair
- Board Member, Santa Monica Bay Restoration Commission
- Board Member, Los Angeles Division of the League of California Cities
- Board Member, Exposition Metro Line Construction Authority
- Board Member, Independent Cities Association
Jim B. Clarke
- Continuing Economic Development
- Strengthening Public Safety
- Maintaining a Balanced Budget
- Occupation: Director, Mayor's Office of Grants, City of Los Angeles
- Former Chief of Staff, Congresswoman Diane E. Watson
- Former executive recruiter for the world's largest search firm, Korn/Ferry International
- Former Executive Director, two local non-profit organizations
- Master of Public Administration from California State University, Long Beach
- 23 years on active and reserve Coast Guard duty, retiring as a Commander
D. Scott Malsin
- Restore Culver City to sound financial ground, despite cutbacks from Sacramento and Washington
- Preserve our communities and neighborhoods
- Protect City services and promote Culver City as a hub for new business, such as new digital technologies
- Ensure Culver City's long-term financial sustainability
- Maintain excellent balance between vibrant businesses and family community
- Protect our quality services, address deferred maintenance of streets, sidewalks, parks
- Occupation: Sustainability Consultant/Businessman
- Co-owner of Culver City's only Home Performance Contracting firm.
- Post graduate degrees/certificates in Business, Project Management & Engineering.
- BS/BA in MIS & Cognitive Science, summa cum laude.
- Former college teacher.
- Guide Culver City towards achieving world-class Sustainability.
- Balance costs against revenue and implement best practices to increase City efficiency.
- Increase our quality-of-life while sustaining our small-town feel.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Culver City
LWV Candidate Forum
- Culver City Chamber of Commerce (Video)
- Culver City Patch:
- Wednesday, March 21, 6:30-9:00 p.m.
(video coverage begins at 7:00)
place: Mike Balkman Council Chambers,
Culver City City Hall
conducted by: Culver City Unit,
League of Women Voters of Los Angeles
video (live & streamed):
Culver City Channel 35
submit questions in advance:
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.