(Vote for 2)
All candidates are welcome to post their campaign information on SmartVoter.org. Any candidate who has not yet received an invitation should e-mail email@example.com and include a viable phone number.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Gary A. Kovacic
- Occupation: Businessman
- Former Mayor & Council Member for City of Arcadia
- B. S. degree in Engineering from University of Redlands
Mary E. Dougherty
- Public Safety
- School Traffic
- Balanced Budget
- Occupation: Community Volunteer
- BA Degree University of Redlands & graduate studies in Public Administration at Cal State L.A.
- President of Santa Anita Oaks Homeowners Association; Chairman of Committee for Joint Resolution on Architectural Design in Arcadia's five HOA areas
- Arcadia Unified School District Board of Education 1985-2001; President three times
- Arcadia Chamber of Commerce - Director for 10 years & current Co-Chairman of Government Affairs Committee
- Assistance League of Arcadia - Active Member since 1988
- Awards: Golden Apple 2002, Outstanding Service Award from Arcadia Board of Education colleagues & Superintendent 1990, PTAs 1988, 1987 & 1984
- Development that supports everyone's enjoyment of property rights
- Promote business development & eliminate unnecessary regulations and obstacles
- Bring clarity to financial issues. Taxes should not be disguised as fees.
- Occupation: Businessman
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Major in Marketing, Minor in Business Administration, Southwest Oklahoma State University
- Master Degree in Real Estate Development, University of Southern California
- 2005 Finalist of Bi-Annual National Hope Award for promotin minority homeownership
- 2007 President of The Arcadia Association of Realtors
- 2008-09 Chairman of the San Gabriel Valley Economic Partnership
- Increase City Revenues
- Revitalize Arcadia Downtown
- Increase Community Involvement
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Ballot Correction Notice|
Press Coverage Related to Ballot Correction Notice
- Do not vote for more than TWO City Council candidates!
- L.A. Times, March 21
- Pasadena Star-News, March 20
News and Analysis
- City of Arcadia
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.