(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Cincinnati School Board
- Political Science Degree from the College of Wooster
- Veteran Wyoming Teacher
- President Wyoming Education Association
- Mt. Healthy City Council Member
- Hamilton County Recorder
- Currently Cincinnati School Board
A. Chris Nelms, Jr
- Increased performance accountability
- Prudent fiscal management
- Keep Cincinnati Ohio's leader in education reform
- Occupation: Prevention Educator, Childrens Hospital
- Doctorate & Masters in Education Xavier University, Adjunct Instructor: Cincinnati State, UC, Chatfield College
- Cincinnati Public School Graduate-Taft High School, Veteran US Navy
- Licensed Social Worker, Drug Counselor, Ordained Minister, Chaplain
- Former Teacher, Coach, Prevention Specialist in CPS over 25 years
- Served as Board of Education: Vice President, Policy Chair, Student Activities Foundation, Cincinnati Youth Collaborative, Cincinnati Recreation Commi
- Community Advocate for parents, students
Alexander Poccia Kuhns
- Academic Achievement for All Students
- Increased Graduation for All Students
- Strong Fiscal Management and Accountability
- Occupation: Instructor at Cincinnati State College
- Treasurer, Northside Community Council
- Chair, Local School Decision Making Committee -Chase Elementary
- Chair, Education Committee - Northside Community Council
- B.S. in Secondary Social Studies Education
- A.A.S. in Early Childhood Education
- Graduate Student in Mental Health Counseling and Human Development
Mary Welsh Schlueter
- Strengthen School-Family-Community partnerships
- Advocate for Neighborhood Schools
- Prepare every student for a Postsecondary Career Path
- Occupation: Chief Executive, Partnership for Innovation in Education PIE
- University Faculty, UC Lindner School of Business
- Current Parent (4 kids), Cincinnati Public Schools
- Leadership Cincinnati, Cincinnati USA Chamber of Commerce
- Elected Public Official: Trustee, Geneva - Illinois
- Board of Directors, Junior Achievement USA http://www.ja.org
- Board of Directors, Harvard Business School Alumni Association
- Fully establish Core Curriculum Standards and provide necessary technology to test student achievement and teacher performance.
- Encourage innovative "district of choice" school designations for students, and introduce flexibility into curriculum, personnel and school schedule.
- Heighten budget transparency and implement "best practice" efficiencies before new revenue measures (levies) are requested from voters.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
5 questions on Qualifications, Equity, Student test results, Building Consensus, and Budget.
Board of Elections
- Am I registered?
- Check the Hamilton County Board of Election to see if you're registered.
- Am I registered?
- Check the Hamilton County Board of Election to see if you're registered to vote.
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.