(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Construction Worker
- AS degree, Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology, CCSF, ABET accredited
- Community volunteer: Coastal Cleanup Day, Community Blood Drive, Voter registration and programs that increase civic participation
- Resident of El Granada for over 22 years
- Conversant in Spanish
- Protect and preserve our unique coastal communities for both residents and visitors while planning for a better, more sustainable tomorrow.
- Work to build community consensus for all issues before the Council that are grounded in policy and provide the best long-term Midcoast interests.
- Collaborate effectively with the Board of Supervisors and staff to ensure a smoother process for delivering local services and government.
- Occupation: Horticulturist
- BS degree, College of Agriculture & Environmental Sciences, UC Davis
- Pillar Ridge Homeowners Association founding member 2000, current President
- Leading role in non-profit acquisition of Pillar Ridge Manufactured Home Community
- Obtained neighborhood grants for bi-lingual newsletter & activities program
- Midcoast Parks & Recreation Committee - Coastal Trail team leader 2009
- Community garden and weed abatement volunteer
Laura J Stein
- The Local Coastal Program, without further compromise, should guide thoughtful development that preserves our irreplaceable coastal environment.
- MCC needs effective communication and close engagement with Board of Supervisors to ensure Coastsiders have a voice in local government.
- Trails - a usable and inviting trail network for transportation and recreation.
- Occupation: Running as a WRITE-IN CANDIDATE
- Registered Nurse/Mother, El Granada resident 14 years
- MidCoast Community Council - 4 year term
- Granada Sanitary District - 4 year term - As Treasurer I saved rate payers and the district over $500,000
- Awarded Certification in Special District Leadership and Management from Special District and Local Government Institute
- Certified Legal Nurse Consultant
- Business Advisory Board - Goodwill Industries, "distinguished service award" for educating the disabled on career goals
Leonard W. Stone, II
- Increasing community participation in local governance by educating our residents on current issues through discussions, workshops and social media.
- Maintaining the coastal protections afforded by the County Local Coastal Program (LCP) approved by voters to govern our delicate coastal environment.
- Advocating for a transportation master plan to address current and future traffic concerns; provide for bicycle/pedestrian routes parallel to Route 1.
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Charter Life Underwriter
- Charter Property Casualty Underwriter
- Life Underwriter training Council Fellow
- USMC 1973-1977
- To improve communication between the public and the council
- To focus on issues which are relevant to community
- To serve through the prism of benefits to our children
- Occupation: Statistical Analyst
- BA, Biology, University of Missouri
- BS, Microbiology, Minor/Chemistry, San Jose State Univ
- MS, Statistics, Stanford University
- Researcher in clinical outcomes.
- Research experience in biostatistics and health policy research.
- Self-employed Statistical Consultant for 10 years.
- The MCC should represent the Community's perspective, not that of any personal agenda.
- More Community input and involvement leads to better government.
- Increased Community input will help determine what is important to the residents we serve and to learn what they believe would be the right solution.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Candidates' Forum
- Wednesday, 12 October
- 7:30 pm
- Fireside Room, Seton Coastside Hospital, Moss Beach
- Forum to air on Channel 27
- Thursday, October 13th at 8 pm
Friday, October 14th at 10 am
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.