(Vote for 4)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Alicia C. Aguirre
- Occupation: Vice Mayor / Professor
- Served as a Trustee and the President of the Redwood City Elementary School Board
- M.A. from Eastern Michigan University and has done Doctoral studies in Social Anthropology at the Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City
- Former Visiting Dean at the Sequoia Union High School District as Director of English Learners
- Inducted into the Redwood City San Mateo County Chamber Hall of Fame
- Board Member, Sequoia Awards
- Fulbright Exchange Professor in Argentina
- Safe and Vibrant Neighborhoods
- Partnerships in Education
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Occupation: Council Member
- Education: B.A. M.A. Psychology
- 20+ years Redwood City Education Foundation
- Community and School Volunteer
- 12 Years Redwood City Council
- Community Envolvement
- Continuing Downtown Renaissance
- Pursuing sound energy, water, and environmental policies
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Corporate Communications Director
- Graduate, U.C. Berkeley
- Graduate, Leadership Redwood City
- Father of two children
- Fiscal Sustainability
- Community Safety
- Improving Major Corridors
- Occupation: Councilmember / Businesswoman
- President & CEO, San Mateo County Economic Development Association (SAMCEDA)
- Chair, San Mateo County Transportation Authority
- Board Member, San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority
- Trustee, Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- Masters in Public Administration, Notre Dame de Namur University
- Bachelor of Arts International Studies/Economics, Stonehill College
Paul G. McCarthy
- Build "Redwood City Pride" by highlighting key strengths that enhance our quality of life and strengthen our economic sustainability.
- Maintain fiscal stability and continue aligning resources and revenue through shared services and community partnerships.
- Foster an environment that embraces cooperation, collaboration and compromise.
- Occupation: Law Enforcement Supervisor
- Bentley University, BS in Marketing, 1985 - 1989
- US Army Military Police Basic Training, Fort McClellan, AL, Military Police, 1991 - 1992
- California Military Academy, San Luis Obispo, CA, Officer Candidate School, 1993 - 1994
- Military Police Officer Basic Course, Fort McClellan, AL, Military Police, 1995 - 1995
- JFK Special Warfare School, Fort Bragg, SC, Civil Affairs Officer Deployment Course, 2005 - 2006
- Community Safety
- Economic Vitality / Fiscal Prudency
- Sustainable Growth
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Candidates' Forum
- Wednesday, October 12th
- 6:30 pm
- City Council Chambers, 1017 Middlefield Road, Redwood City
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.