(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Rita A. Patel
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Bachelor's Degree, Temple University
- Carmel Middle School PTO President, Carmel River School School Site Council, Carmel River School Past PTA President
- Make A Wish SF Bay Area Committe Member
- US Open Volunteer Chair - Raised $100,000 for CUSD
- Carmel Youth Baseball Team Mom/Scorekeeper
- Hilton Bialek Habitat DIV Committee Member
Annette Yee Steck
- Support ALL students' interests and training for post high-school career choices
- Enact a more effective anti-drug, alcohol and bullying program
- Recruit, Hire and Support the heart and soul of our School District, Our Teachers
- Occupation: Incumbent
- 18 years on the Carmel School Board
- 27 years as financial advisor to California school districts, cities, and counties
- Instructor for the California School Boards Assn. Masters in Governance Program - I teach Board Members throughout the State to be better Trustees
- 18 years on the Community Human Services Board, Finance Committee Chair
- B.A. in Economics, Magna Cum Laude with College Honors from UCLA.
Richard C. Kreitman
- Continue the District's focus on student learning and achievement.
- Attract and retain the most qualified teachers.
- Use expertise and experience to ensure the District's financial health.
- Occupation: Financial Advisor
- Stanford University BA, Cornell University MA
- 40-year career in economics, business, and finance; corporate CFO/Controller; Certified Financial Planner,
- Former Board Member of: FOCUS (Carmel Schools) Foundation, Middle and River School PTAs, Carmel HIgh School Foundation.
- Served on and Co-Chaired District academic committees; Carmel High School and Carmel River School Site Councils
- Boy Scout Adult Leader, Troop 127, Carmel Valley, Eagle Scout
- Maintaining academic excellence at all levels in the Carmel School District.
- Maintaining the excellence of our teaching faculty by attracting and keeping the best educators we can find.
- Wisely using our extraordinary resources to provide the best possible preparation for success in life for all our students.
- Occupation: Paralegal/Parent
- CUSD Special Education Local Planning Area parent representative
- Board of Directors, Special Kids Crusade
- Child Advocate - Graduate of the Institute of Special Education Advocacy, College of William and Mary
- Lawyers' Assistant Program, University of San Diego
- B.A. from San Diego State University
- To make sure that all kids are prepared for employment, college or a career upon graduation.
- To be tenacious in fiscal responsibility and accountibility to the taxpayers.
- To further develop and support programs already in existence in the district.
- Occupation: Corporate Attorney
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Carmel Unified School District website
Monterey County Herald
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.