(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Charter Oak USD
- Public Affairs Manager-Southern California Gas Co.
Brian R. Akers
Joseph M. "Joe" Probst
- Continue to increase academic achievement
- Continue to work for a more stable and adequate source of state funding for education
- Continue to demonstrate clear and responsive communication between the board, parents, and district employees
- Occupation: Governing Board Member
- Professor Emeritus of Speech Communication, Performing and Communication Arts Division, Pasadena City College
- Past President/Director of the Los Angeles County School Trustees Association (LACSTA)
- Received the Masters of Governance from the California School Boards Association (CSBA)
- Past member of the Los Angeles County Grand Jury
- Past PTA board member and Chair of School Site Council
- Member of the Delegate Assembly, California School Boards Association
- Provide the very best education to the students of the Charter Oak Unified School District
- Attract and retain outstanding certificated and classified employees
- Promote a safe and modern learning environment
- Occupation: Teacher
- Served as Charter Oak School Board Member 2005-2009
- Special Education Teacher, Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- M.A. degree in Special Education, CSUN
- B.A. degree in Health Science, CSUN
- A.A. in General Education, L.A. Pierce College
- Administrative Credential
Lois M. Shade
- Protecting Prop. 13 homeowner rights
- Against adding parcel taxes and more bond measures
- Committed to improving school test scores
- Occupation: High School Secretary
- Former Mayor / Council Member, Glendora
- Producer, Glendora Perspective, Time Warner cable show
- Freelance Writer, SGV Examiner
- Assistant Editor, International Business Magazine
- Marketing Communications, Cal State Long Beach
- Former Legislation Chair, ESGVRWF
- With a 3rd year $1 million budget shortfall, our challenge: Educating Better with Less
- Test Scores: Invest limited resources first in the classroom for improved scores.. Math and science need to be a top priority
- Targeted Improvements: Maintain our schools but no more bond issues in this down economy
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Charter Oak Unified School District
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.