(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: School Trustee/Businessman
- Current San Mateo Union High School District Board Member and former Burlingame School District Board Member
- Former general counsel for three Silicon Valley tech companies: Handspring, Excite@Home, and Radius
- Dartmouth College, BA, 1981; University of Michigan, JD, 1985
- Work with the business community to attract high paying jobs to San Mateo County
- Scrutinize the county's $1.8 billion budget to prevent harmful cuts to core services for seniors, children, and families
- Support children and youth though early childhood programs, community schools, and quality health care
- Occupation: Educator/Consumer Advocate
- President, San Mateo County Community College Board- Governs College of San Mateo, Skyline College, and Caņada College.
- Balanced 17 school and college district budgets, cutting waste while strengthening educational programs.
- Supported job training programs for thousands of Peninsula residents in nursing, public safety, high tech, and biotech fields.
- Helped lead the fight that stopped insurance companies from raising rates on perfect drivers.
- Played a key role in passing the nation's strongest financial privacy law.
- Received the Sustainable San Mateo County Award for the College District's green building program, saving taxpayers millions in energy costs.
- Getting the county budget under control while protecting public safety and essential health and senior services.
- Creating good paying jobs to enhance San Mateo County's economic future.
- Preserving San Mateo County's environmental heritage through smart planning in housing and transportation.
- Occupation: Deputy Attorney General
- Former Deputy Director of the Office of Emergency Services
- Mayor and Councilmember of Millbrae
- Non-profit Director of John's Closet
- Bachelor of Arts, Buisness/Economics, UC Santa Barbra
- Juris Doctor, McGeorge School of Law
- Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government Senior Executives in State & Local Government
- First priority is to balance the budget
- Realign services back to cities
- Raise revenue through innovative public-private partnerships
- Occupation: Mayor/Nonprofit Manager
- Mayor of Burlingame; first elected to City Council in 2003
- Board of Directors, San Mateo County Transportation Authority
- Board of Directors, City/County Association of Governments for San Mateo County
- Board of Directors, San Mateo County Emergency Services Council
- Burlingame Representative, Local Governments for Sustainability (formerly called ICLEI)
- Former Chair, San Mateo County Council of Cities (composed of all council members in the county)
Michael G. Stogner
- Improve our local economy and create jobs.
- Require budget discipline and reform government.
- Expand transportation options.
- Occupation: Businessman
- 10 years as a Volunteer Victim's Advocate
- 27 years in the Real Estate Industry
- Graduate of Carlmont High School Class of 1968
- NO on High Speed Rail in San Mateo County
- No on Cargill Salt Flats development in Redwood City.
- I support the Little Hoover Commission recommendations for pension reform in San Mateo County.
- Occupation: Retired
- Career:Aerospace industry Technical Writer/Project Mgr.
- Lockheed, Rockwell, McDonnell Douglas, Boeing
- Licenced Commercial Pilot / Flight Instructor
- Licenced Air Frame and Powerplant Mechanic
- City of Fremont in Planning and Development Dept.
- Pension Reform
- Fiscal Responsibility
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Candidates' Forum
Tuesday, 29 March
- 7:30 - 9 pm
- Seton Coastside Hospital, Fireside Room
600 Marine Blvd., Moss Beach
- park in the upper parking lot
- Candidates' Forum
- Wednesday, 20 April
- 7 - 8:30 pm
- Oak Room, San Mateo Main Library
- 55 West 3rd Avenue, San Mateo
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.