Runoff Election 5/17/2011
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: School Board Member
- VIce President Los Angeles School Trustees Association
- Vice Chairman California Credit Union
- Served as Student Trustee
- Chairman Los Angeles County Commission
Lydia A. Gutierrez
- Student Success - Help students prepare for transfer or a job
- Job training
- Protect taxpayers - Audit all areas to find savings
- Occupation: Teacher/Neighborhood Boardmember
- Los Angeles Harbor Community College
- Pepperdine University, B.A.
- California State University of Dominquez Hills, M.A.
- California State University of Long Beach, Writing Fellowship
- University of California, Los Angeles - Master Teacher, Math Project Center X, UCLA
- CSPNC Public Safety Chairwoman
- Accountable Fiscal Responsibility
- Academic and Vocational Excellence
- Accessible Classes for Graduation
- Occupation: University Professor
- Ph.D. UCLA '03
- M.A. Stanford University '94
- B.A. UCLA '93
- Board Member UCLA Community School - RFK Community Schools
- Founding Board Member Larchmont Charter School
- Mortar Board Senior Honor Society, Distinguished Faculty Award and Membership
Nicole Michelle Chase
- Ensure that all students achieve academic success
- Develop an ethos of civic engagement in the LACCD community
- Provide skills and training for employment in a sustainable economy
- Occupation: Youth Advocate/Consultant
- Boys & Girls Club of San Fernando Valley - Development & Marketing Consultant
- Motivating the Teen Spirit - Certified Facilitator
- Black Business Expo - Teen Summit Director; Tom Bradley Business Institute Director; West Coast Music Festival Director
- Councilmember Richard Alarcón - Fundraiser; District Field Representative; Director - Young Senators Program
- 2010 Woman of the Year - Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. - Nu Omicron Zeta Chapter
- B.A. Industrial Psychology, University of California at Berkeley; Berkeley, California; UC Berkeley Alumni Scholar
Pamela R. Bolin
- Addressing the current budget challenges with innovative solutions that will make for better resource allocation decisions
- Increase student matriculation and completion rates (transfers, certifications and degrees)
- Increase financial, educational and capital development transparency and hold all participating parties accountable, across the board...
- Occupation: Treasurer, Neighborhood Council
- The Degree of Associate in Arts-Pierce College
- Bachelor of Science in Finance-CSU Northridge
- Treasurer for the Northridge West Neighborhood Council
- North Valley YMCA -Community Gifts Campaigner
- Maximize the certificate and transfer rate for community colleges
- Keep the Encore programs available to senior citizens
- Stop wasteful spending and utilize the taxpayer dollars efficiently
Manuel "Manny" Aldana, Jr.
- Occupation: Neighborhood Council Boardmember
- More accountabilty, transparency, and oversight of funds
- Oppose the increase of tuition fees & cost of textbooks
- Maintain technical preparation & vocational education
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidate Statements from Channel 35
- Aldana: none provided
Bolin : video, transcript
Chase: none provided
Gutiérrez: video, transcript
Lee: none provided
Pescador: none provided
Svonkin: none provided
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.