(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Vice President/Administration
- B.S. Montessori Early Childhood Education
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude (Xavier University)
- Certified and Licensed Early Childhood Education Teacher
- Founding Member of American Spirit Education Alliance
- Elected Precinct Executive
- A full range of quality educational opportunities to serve the best interest of each individual child in Ohio
- Improve qualitative measures for individual schools and districts while dramatically improving achievement expectations
- Improve accountability and instill fiscal responsibility while emphasising traditional values for the State's $7 billion Education Budget
- Occupation: Retired educator, Northwest Local School District
- Masters in Art Education, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- Batchelors in Art Education, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- Graduate, Oak Hills High School, Cincinnati,,Ohio
- Praxis III Assessor, Ohio Department of Education
- Supervisor, Student teachers, College of Mount Saint Joseph
- Consultant, CET Arts Connections
Mary Welsh Schlueter
- I believe that access to a high-quality education is a right of all students and a sacred trust that the public must provide.
- I believe in the power of the arts to foster critical and creative thinking skills.
- I believe in the people who do the work every day with children. They are the experts in their field.
- Occupation: Chief Executive, Partnership for Innovation in Education PIE
- Adjunct University Business Professor
- Business Executive
- LIbrary Trustee - Elected in Illinois
- Parent - 4 children in public school
- Author - Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Junior Achievement (business) teacher to public school kids
John L. Spohn
- Establish clear expectations for teachers by introducing salary enhancements based on student/school performance.
- Heighten budget transparency and mandate budgetary financial efficiencies as compliance for incremental State funding requests.
- Provide student access to high quality, publicly funded innovative school options with accountability measures identical to public schools.
- Occupation: Education
- Ed.S. - Ed. Administration (Dec. 2010)
- M. of Diplomacy - Conflict Resolution
- BS - Business Administration
- Adjunct Professor- God's Bible College
- Adjunct Professor- Mount Vernon Naz. Univ.
- Treasurer - Non-profit
- Accountability to the taxpayers for spending
- Flexibility in school choice
- Continued inclusion of funding for charter and community schools
- Occupation: Curriculum Consultant
- BS El Education, Ohio University
- Med. Curruculum and Leadership Wright State University
- Board Member Little Miami Local Schools
- Board Member Warren County Career Center
- Chair and Co-founder of Jewell Education Foundation
- Area Progress Council Board
- Ensure a public school funding system that provides a realistic level of funding, which will meet the needs of all students.
- Expect all schools that receive state financial support be accountable to the public.
- To provide an excellent education for all children so they become productive citizens and can compete globally.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Ohio has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
5 questions on Qualification, Priorities, Operating standards, Nonpublic school funding, and Public school funding.
Secretary of State
Campaign Finance Data
Secretary of State
- Ohio Online Database
- Ohio Secretary of State's campaign finance databases allow users to search, retrieve and download the campaign finance data filed with the office
League of Women Voters
Cincinnati Enquirer Voter Guide
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.