(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Betty T. Yee
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Equalization Board Member
- 25 years of public service experience
- Expertise in state and local finance and tax policy
- Master's Degree in Public Administration, Golden Gate University, San Francisco
- B.A. Degree in Sociology, University of California, Berkeley
Kevin R. Scott
- Provide high-quality, responsive service to California taxpayers
- Rule fairly, correctly, and consistently on tax appeals matters that come before the Board
- Serve as a responsible steward of the State's tax revenues
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Venture Capitalist
- Advisory Board Member - Entrepreneur's Foundation
- Board Member - Clifford School PTA
- Partner - 3i Venture Capital (2000-2008)
- Partner - PricewaterhouseCoopers (1990-2000)
- MBA (finance, management policy) - Northwestern University
- BA (Political Economics) - University of California, Berkeley
- Pragmatism - Bring 25 years of business skills to the Board of Equalization.
- Balance - Ensure that taxpayers and business owners are listened to and treated fairly.
- Efficiency - Streamline decision-making process and reduce costs associated with taxpayer appeals.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Retired Quality Engineer
- Santa Clara County Libertarian Party Judicial Committee
- MS, Computer Science, Stanford University
- BS, Computer Science, MIT
- Ensure that earmarked funds are not diverted to the General Fund
- Ensure that legislative analysis accurately reflects expenses and income
- Reform sales tax laws to officially allow individual tax-free trade
(This candidate has not provided any information to Smart Voter)
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Board of Equalization
Candidate Statements in the Official Voter Information Guide
- Serves on the Board of Equalization, California's elected tax
commission, a body that:
- Oversees the administration of over two dozen tax and fee
programs including sales and use, cigarette and tobacco,
alcohol and fuels tax.
- Serves as the appellate body for California income and
franchise tax cases.
- Oversees the administration of property tax statewide.
Campaign Finance Data
Secretary of State
Google News Search
- All links above open in new window
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.