(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Brad R. Hill
71.9% Yes votes ......
28.1% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice (Nominated for Presiding Justice)
- Superior Court Judge, 1998-2006
- Presiding Judge, Fresno Superior Court, 2003-2004
- Municipal Court Judge, 1991-1998
- Graduate, U.C. Hastings College of the Law, 1983
- Graduate, Fresno State University (Undergraduate Degree in Business Adminstration; Master's Degree in Business Administration, 1977 & 1979).
- Private Law Practice 1983-1991
- Follow the law and act to promote justice, fairness and public confidence in the judiciary
- Decide cases fairly and expeditiously
- To improve the quality of justice in California
70.1% Yes votes ......
29.9% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, Fifth District Court of Appeal
- Private law practice - Dowling, Aaron & Keeler (2007-2009)
- California State Senator (1998 -2006)
- California State Assemblymember (1994 - 1998)
- Senior Staff, Office of the Governor - Judicial and General Appointments (1988-1994)
- Private civil law practice (1975 - 1988)
- Education: University of Santa Clara, J.D. and California State University, Fresno, B.S., Business Administration
- To uphold the rule of law by faithfully following the Constitutions and statutes of the United States and the State of California
- To work hard and decide cases with integrity, efficiency, consistency and clarity
- To treat litigants, counsel and the public with fairness, impartiality and due respect.
70.8% Yes votes ......
29.2% No votes
- Occupation: Justice, Fifth District Court of Appeal, 1997-present
- Superior Court Judge, 1989-1997
- Presiding Judge, Family Law Department, 1990-1996
- Municipal Court Judge, 1988-1989
- Private Law Practice, 1977-1988
- Graduate, UOP McGeorge School of Law, 1977
- Graduate, UC Davis, magna cum laude, 1974
- Upholding the rule of law as set forth by the Constitution, the Legislature and the voters
- Ensuring that the appellate court operates fairly, efficiently and effectively
- Providing clear and concise opinions that are easily understandable
69.4% Yes votes ......
30.6% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, State Court of Appeal, 5th District.
- Superior Court Judge, Madera County, 2000-2010.
- Presiding Judge, Madera Superior Court, 2005 and 2006; Superior Court Appellate Division Judge 2001-2006 and 2009-2010.
- Senior Deputy District Attorney 1989-2000, Deputy District Attorney, 1982-1989.
- Certified Specialist in Criminal Law, 1993. Recognized for Outstanding Service by the Board of Legal Specialization, 2004.
- Juris Doctor Degree, University of San Diego, 1981.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, University of Washington, 1977.
- Respect, defend, and follow the principles of the Constitution and the rule of law.
- Preserve the integrity of the judiciary.
- Serve the People of the State of California.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Judicial Council of California
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.