(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Carol D. Codrington
73.6% Yes votes ......
26.4% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice-Designate
- Nominated by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on August 25, 2010
- Judge of the Superior Court Riverside County, 2007 to Present
- Appointed to Superior Court by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Commissioner, Riverside Superior Court, elected by the Judges of that court, 2006- 2007
- Former Associate General Counsel, General Litigation, Los Angeles Unified School District, 2001-2004
- Deputy City Attorney, Los Angeles City Attorney Office, 1999-2001
Manuel A. Ramirez
- Deciding cases consistent with our State and Federal Constitutions
- Maintaining and preserving respect for the rule of law
- Deciding all cases that come before me in a timely and efficient manner
68.7% Yes votes ......
31.3% No votes
- Occupation: Presiding Justice
- Presiding Justice, Court of Appeal, 1990-Present
- Appointed by Gov. George Deukmejian
- Unanimous Confirmation by Commission on Judicial Appointments December 1990, Rated Well-Qualified
- Former Superior and Municipal Court Judge 1983-1990, Appointed by Gov. George Deukmejian to both offices.
- Former Senior Deputy District Attorney 1976-1983
- Graduate Loyola Law School, Juris Doctorate 1974, and Whittier College Batchelor of Arts 1970.
- Not Applicable
- Decide cases according to Federal and State Constitutions, the Common Law, Stare Decisis, and Legal Precedent.
- Ensure that cases are decided in an expeditious and appropriate manner consistent with the rule of law.
- Daily striving and continuing to work to improve the efficiency and timeliness of the administration of justice system in California.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Judicial Council of California
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.