(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
70.1% Yes votes ......
29.9% No votes
- Occupation: Presiding Justice
- B.A. University of California, Berkeley; J.D. from U.C. Boalt Hall School of Law
- Presiding Justice 2003-2010; Assoc. Justice 2001-2003; Superior Court of San Diego County 1980-2001; Municipal Court, 1978-1980
- Elected twice as Presiding Judge of the Superior Court
- Named Jurist of the Year by the California Judges Association, the State Judicial Council and the State Bar
- Elected by the Supreme Court to serve on the Commission on Judicial Performance, the judicial disciplinary agency
- Ranked exceptionally well qualified for the position of Presiding Justice by the Commission on Judicial Nominees Evaluation
- Decide legal disputes according to the constitution, the law, and legal precedent
- Ensure that cases are resolved in an expeditious and appropriate manner
- Work to improve the court system in California
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Judicial Council of California
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.