(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Frank Y. Jackson
69.7% Yes votes ......
30.3% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, Court of Appeal
- Justice Pro Tem, Court of Appeal, Second District, 2006-2008; 9/1997-1/1998; 9/1992-12/1992
- Superior Court Judge, L.A. County, 1993-2008 (Supervising Judge, North District, 1995-2001)
- Municipal Court Judge, L.A. County, Antelope Municipal Court, 1990-1993
- Legal Career: Attorney 1973-1990 (Certified Family Law Specialist, Civil Litigation)
- Teaching Experience: Instructor - Antelope Valley College; Golden Gate University; La Verne University; and California State University, Bakersfield
- JD, McGeorge School of Law (University of the Pacific); BA, University of Nevada
Laurie D. Zelon
- Decide cases fairly, impartially and timely
- Faithfully follow the law
- Treat everyone in our courts with courtesy and respect
66.2% Yes votes ......
33.8% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice
- A.B.,Cornell University; J.D.Harvard Law School
- Chair, California Commission on Access to Justice, 1997-1999;member and ex-officio, 1997-present
- Private Practice, 1977-2000;partner, Morrison &Foerster, 1991-2000
- Judge, Los Angeles Superior Court, 2000-2003
- Improving Access to Justice
- Increasing Access to Legal Information and Representation
- Ensuring the Fair Application of Law in All Judicial Proceedings
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Judicial Council of California
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.