(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Peter I. Ohtaki
- Occupation: Executive Director, Disaster Preparedness Non-Profit
- Board President, Menlo Park Fire Protection District
- Former CFO of high-tech company
- Former Mid-Peninsula Water District Board Director
- Stanford M.B.A.
- Harvard B.A. in Economics, magna cum laude
- Grew up in Menlo Park: La Entrada, Woodside HS grad
- Balance Menlo Park's budget and restore fiscal responsibility
- Develop El Camino Real, preserve downtown Santa Cruz Ave. small-town character
- Disaster preparedness and community resiliency
- Occupation: Planning Commissioner, Mother, Attorney
- J.D. GGU School of Law / B.A. Political Science: UCSB
- 2004-2010 : Planning Commissioner, Menlo Park, 2007 Chair
- 2002-2004 : Housing Commissioner, Menlo Park
- 2000-2002 : Mediation Commissioner, Menlo Park
- 1998-2001 : Battered Women's Service Agency, Board Member
- 1996-2004 : Commission on the Status of Women, County Commissioner
Richard A. Cline
- Revitalize the downtown area and eliminate blight on El Camino.
- Balance the budget by cutting spending.
- Protect the interests of our residents regarding high speed rail.
- Occupation: Mayor/Business Owner
- Chair, Peninsula Cities Consortium on High Speed Rail
- Co-founder and President, Voce Communications
- Council Representative on High Speed Rail
- Council Representative on Finance and Audit Subcommittee
- City Representative, Association of Bay Area Governments
- Soccer and Baseball Coach and Five-year Parks Commissioner
- Long-term Strategic Planning (ECR/Downtown Plan, Business Acceleration Team in M2)
- Sustainable Fiscal Future for Menlo Park
- Small Town Quality of Life Preservation
- Occupation: City Council Member
- Chair, San Francisquito Creek Joint Powers Authority
- Senior Scientist, SRI International
- Ph.D., Materials Science, Stanford University
- Youth Sports Coach and Referee
- Eagle Scout
- Menlo Park Environmental Award Recipient
- Reinvigorate downtown and El Camino
- Prevent High Speed Rail from dividing Menlo Park in two
- Eliminate the city's structural budget deficit
- Occupation: Educator/Business Owner
- Menlo Park Budget Advisory Committee
- Menlo Park Residential Review Task Force
- Child Care Task Forces
- California State Commission on Special Education
- AB, Princeton University; PhD and MBA, Stanford University
- Fiscal Restraint & Integrity
- Responsible Development
- Accessible & Open Government
- Occupation: Community Volunteer
- Former Part-Time Teacher
- Ex-Navy, Nuclear Engineering Officer
- Fiscally sound and sustainable budget - for services and pension liabilities.
- Development focused on El Camino corridor but with limited heights.
- Protecting and enhancing our City without adverse impact to schools.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.