(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Robert E. Osby
- Occupation: Retired Fire Chief
- Retired Fire Chief with 46 total years experience in the Fire Service.
- Served on numerous committees and held various leadership positions in professional organizations.
- Graduate of Univ. of Redlands and John F. Kennedy School of State and Local Government at Harvard.
- Extensive experience as member of community based service organizations.
- Focus on hazard prevention, public education, emergency preparedness.
- Collaborate with fire agencies and Fire Districts to ensure effective cooperation.
- Maximize the cost effective utilization of taxpayer financial resources. Encourage the board to focus on safety and welfare and not political issues.
- Occupation: Director, Deer Springs Fire Protection District
- Graduate of the University of Idaho
- Served as an officer in the USAirForce, earned a regular commission at the third year board, Pilot (Top Secret Reconnaissance)
- Commercial Airline Pilot - 28 years
- Elected to the Deer Springs Fire Board in 2006.
- Lead the defeat of the Merriam Mountains/Stonegate development .
- Stopped all attempts to increase fire taxes.
Jean Frank Slaughter
- Protect residents from extreme fire danger in the Deer Springs Fire District.
- Stop abuse of "Tax and Spend" authority.
- Stop any project that will not comply with state & local fire codes.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Retired Administrative Fire Chief with Pasadena Fire Department in Pasadena, CA for 28 years.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Public Administration and a Minor in Fire Administration from USC.
- Taught Fire Science at Pasadena City College.
- Board Member and President of Champagne Village Homeowner's Association.
- U. S. Navy Veteran.
- Deer Springs Fire Protection District Vice-President.
Bret A. Sealey
- Will work toward more public relations and involvement in fire safety.
- Will not be driven and influenced by special interests.
- Fire protection and prevention is in my blood and I hope to do all that is possible with available funds. Improve fire protection and prevention.
- Occupation: Project Manager
- Certificate of Achievement, Emergency Management
- Certificate of Achievement, Fire Technology
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering
- M.S., Information Technology Management
- Ensure tax revenues are used for the fullest benefit of the community
- Ensure all natural and man-made hazards have proper emergency response plans specific to Deer Springs
- Ensure residents have access to resources necessary to help improve their personal safety
- Occupation: Retired Physician
- Surgery Residency at US Naval Hospital , San Diego
- Staff US Naval Hospital, Camp Pendleton, CA
- Private practice, Palomar-Pomerado Hospital District
- Welfare (safety, health, prosperity, comfort, happiness) of my community.
- Common (good) sense, fairness in Fire Board decisions, with residents' interests a priority guideline..
- Effective, efficient use of taxpayers money and to " only spend as much as we have."
- Occupation: Network Planning Engineer
- Fire safety and preparedness
- Oppose tax increases to property owners
- Independent oversight for the Deer Springs Fire Board
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Deer Springs Fire Protection District Web Site
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.