(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Scientist/Parent
- B.A. Biology - University of Virginia
- Ph.D. Biochemistry - USC
- Director of Protein Biosciences, Eli Lilly & Co
Douglas S. Rafner
- Restore fiscal responsibility by purchasing a district office within budget
- Restore relationships between the board, superintendent, administrators, teachers and parents
- Restore respect for the board from both the educational community and the district
- Occupation: Attorney/Mediator/Parent
- Restore fiscal responsibility
- Regain community trust
- Recognize the Board's role, while supporting and enabling the expertise of professional staff
- Occupation: Educational Consultant/Parent
- BA, Art, Wake Forest University
- California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- MA, Educational Technology, SDSU
Steven A McDowell
- Making timely, informed decisions in the best interest of children
- Promoting an environment of respect and collaboration
- Enhancing the experiences of students and teachers in the classroom
- Occupation: President, Del Mar Union School District/Consultant
- Associate - Resources Global Professionals
- M.B.A. - University of San Diego, B.S. in Finance - SDSU, Community College Instructor Credential - Accounting (Expired)
- Auditor-North Coastal Council PTA, Former Treasurer - Del Mar Heights PTA
- Board Member-Del Mar Traffic and Parking Advisory Committee
- Former Nation Chief - YMCA Adventure Guides
- Board Member, Manager- Del Mar Little league, Coach -North Shores Softball
Jason C. Maletic
- Maintaining High Academic Achievement
- Provide to All Students an Enriched Academic program
- Fiscal Responsibility, Long and Short Term
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- VP of the Board of Directors for the Del Mar Villas
- My company provides consulting and inspection services to many school districts throughout the County.
- We make sure our San Diego schools are safe and accessible to all.
- I want to bring team work and a new attitude to the district.
- I want to make sure the children are the top priority of the district.
- I want to bring my vast knowledge of the inter workings of the school districts throughout the County to Del Mar.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Del Mar Union Elementary School District Board Web Page
San Diego U-T
Del Mar Sandpaper
Del Mar Times
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.