(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Teacher/President, Grossmont Union High School District
- Middle School Social Studies Teacher
- Certified Public Accountant (retired)
- Youth Activities Volunteer
- Continued Improvement in the Quality of Student Education
- Continued Success in District-Wide Construction Program
- Continued Development of Positive Working Relationships among Board and Staff
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Grossmont Union High School District
- President, Jim Kelly Insurance
- President, Jim Kelly Realty
- Masters Degree in Education (San Diego State Univ.)
- Bachelors degree in Bus. Admin. Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Married 29 years, 3 sons, 2 grandsons, child in District
- Served 18 years on County and Grossmont School Boards
Richard "Dick" Hoy
- Financial responsibility to the Taxpayers of East County by directing funds to the classroom.
- Academic excellence in preparing students for future success.
- Focusing on student needs to help prevent students from dropping out of school.
- Occupation: Retired Teacher
- Small Businessman--Tax Prep & Real Estate
- Golden Apple and Santee Teacher of the Year
- Married 43 years--2 children
- Lifetime East County Resident
- Church and Community Volunteer
Robert B. "Bob" Divine
- Improve student achievement by focusing on the classroom
- Promote key values such as personal responsibility
- Advocate sound fiscal policies and promote school safety
Dolores T. Riggins
- Occupation: Businessman/Teacher/Coach
- Occupation: Pharmacist
- BSPh Pharmacy Ohio Northern Univ.
- Previous pharmacy owner
Robert B. "Brian" Divine
- Improve quality of education for all students in the district
- Involve each school in distribution/use of budget funds
- More input from parents and teachers for policy decisions
- Occupation: Teacher/Coach
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Grossmont Union High School District Board Web Page
San Diego U-T
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.