(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Businessman/Financial Advisor
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics (BYU 1990)
- Certified Financial Planner certificant (1993)
- Owner - Davis & Seiley Wealth Management (1994)
- Vice President - San Diego County Metropolitan Advisory Board - Salvation Army
- Stake President/Church Leader - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (1995-04)
- Married 22 years (Karen). Father of 7 children (1 boy, 6 girls - ages 5-20)
- Resolve the long term school funding problems and restore pay cuts taken by PUSD employees.
- Continue focus on college readiness by reducing class size, emphasizing core literacy and increasing funding for the arts
- Help PUSD open new ways of teaching and learning while continuing our focus of "Character Counts" citizenship development.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Sixteen Years Experience as Board Member
- Vice-President, Poway Unified Board of Education
- Occupation: Director, BizTown, Junior Achievement of San Diego's 5th Grade Experiential Learning Program
- President, San Diego County School Boards Association
- Delegate, California School Boards Association
- Member, Poway Chamber of Commerce
- Maintain High Academic and Discipline Standards While Working to Ensure Each Student Reaches Their Potential
- Ensure Budget Cuts Remain as Far Away from the Classroom as Possible
- Continue to Work to Eliminate the Achievement Gap
- Occupation: Incumbent
- President, Poway Unified School Board
- Board President, AVID Center
- Board Member, Classroom of the Future Foundation
- Boardmember & Former Chairperson, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego
- Founder, HNC Software Inc. (grew company from 2 employees to 1400 employees)
- BA in Physics from Harvard University
- Ensure students are prepared for college and career success in the 21st century
- Manage district finances to encourage new revenue sources and keep cuts away from students
- Increase use of technology in our classrooms to engage students and improve learning
- Occupation: PTA Board Member
- Former DEA Special Agent
- J.D., University of Maryland Law School
- B.A., University of Virginia
- Legislation Chair, Multiple PTA Boards
- Former Member, Sabre Springs Planning Board
- 2010 Boston Marathon Finisher
- Support student-centered quality education.
- Fight for adequate funding for our schools.
- Expand innovative college prep programs.
- Occupation: Business Owner, CEO
- SDSU Bachelor of Science in Applied Arts and Sciences Business Admin. Management
- Member of the School Site Council
- Member PTA
- Father of three children in Poway School District
- Elected Member of the Rancho Bernardo Recreation Council
- PTA and was voted as one of the 2009 PUSD School Site Volunteers of the Year
- Improving Education- It's time to Fix Our Schools First
- This is the time to change the way Sacramento funds our schools
- Zero tolerance of violence for the safety of our children
- Occupation: Retired Mechanical Engineer
- Thirteen years' service as a Board of
- Education member in the Poway Unified
- School District in years past
- BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Restoration of vocational courses so graduates will find jobs
- Improvement of academic rigor
- Conservation of energy to put more dollars in the classroom.
Frederick W. Pierce
- Occupation: District Attorney Investigator
- Occupation: Student Housing Executive
- Trustee Emeritus, California State University
- Past President, SDSU Alumni Association
- Past President, CSU Alumni Council
- CEO, Pierce Education Properties
- Former Executive, Price Waterhouse
- Vice Chair, SDSU College of Business
- Equal Admissions Access for PUSD Graduates to SDSU
- Increased Private Financial Support
- Stonger Legislative Advocacy in Sacramento
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Poway Unified School District Board Web Page
North County Times
San Diego U-T
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.