(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent
- BS Mathematics
- BS Business Administration
- 30+ years of business experience
- High Tech: programmer, systems engineer, sales management, executive management
- Board of Directors: VTA, West Valley Sanitation, WV Solid Waste JPA,
- Member, League of California Cities state Environmental Quality Policy Committee
- Engage citizens pro-actively, to ensure public input on issues
- Ensure that policies are set that control spending & preserve Saratoga's quality of life
- Implement Citizen Economic Development Committee to determine best way to revitalize village
- Occupation: Incumbent
- former school board member
- former planning commissioner
- current council member
- Vice Mayor 2010
- 20 years experience on boards and commissions
- Maintaining fiscal responsibility in these tough times.
- Emphasis on the protection of Saratoga's neighborhoods, hills and trees.
- Continue support for the revitalization of the Village.
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Promotional Products
- To enhance business vitality and preserve Saratoga's open, safe, clean, green environment
- Exercise strong oversight on our City's budget, leverage cost-effective models to uphold quality of City's services.
- To build a community.
- Occupation: Engineer/Planning Commissioner
- Member, Saratoga Planning Commission (2006-present), Chair (2009-2010)
- Commissioner, Santa Clara County Commission on the Status Women
- Board Member, Silicon Valley Science and Technology Association
- Hakone Gardens Lunar New Year Celebration Committee
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Santa Clara University
- B.S., Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, UC Berkeley
- Preserve Saratoga's unique semi-rural character and maintain neighborhood integrity
- Promote vibrant local commercial centers
- Ensure fiscal responsibility
- Occupation: School Board Member
- MS Mass Communications, San Jose State University
- Saratoga Library Commissioner
- Member Saratoga Senior Center Task Force
- AYSO Board Member
- SUSD Parent Volunteer of Year Award 2006
- Managing fiscal resources responsibly
- Improving city services for ALL Saratogans
- Revitalization of our local commercial districts
- Occupation: Community Volunteer
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Texas, Austin
- 29 years law enforcement: 20 years US District Court, as Probation Officer Specialist; 9 years County Probation. FBI commendation.
- 35-year resident of Saratoga
- Saratoga Traffic Commission, Chair
- Saratoga Foothill Club Board Member
- Saratoga Sister City (Muko, Japan) member; Taiko group drummer. Saratoga Rotary Art Show Volunteer
- Promote safety, quality of life, and protect home values
- Streamlining the permit and appeal process
- Enhance village appeal, such as by promoting a farmer's market on a week night
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Experience, Concerns, and Balance.
News and Analysis
- September 23, 7:00 PM Saratoga City Council, 8:30 PM Assembly District 24
- Saratoga Foothill Club, 20399 Park Place, Saratoga
San Jose Mercury News
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.