(Vote for 3)
Volunteers are currently contacting candidates to invite their FREE participation in Smart Voter. Any candidate who has not yet been contacted should send an email to email@example.com and include a PHONE NUMBER.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Darin W. Barber
(18.49%) in Los Angeles County
(17.1%) in Orange County
- Occupation: Governing Board Member, Lowell Joint School District
- Attorney Representing School Districts
- Former Elementary School Teacher
- President Elect - La Habra Rotary Club
William "Bill" Hinz
- Traditional and Well-Rounded Instruction for Students
- Technology Integration in Classrooms and Instruction
- Balanced Budget with Emphasis on Employee Compensation
(16.62%) in Los Angeles County
(16.6%) in Orange County
- Occupation: Educator/Business Owner
- B.A. History Adams State College
- J.D. Western State University
- Board Member LaHabra City School District
- Parks Commission LaHabra Heights
- Planning Commission LaHabra Heights
- Advisory Committee Paralegal Studies Fullerton College
- Keep Test Scores High
- Safe enviornment for students and teachers
- Control wastefaul spending
(15.57%) in Los Angeles County
(15.1%) in Orange County
Melissa "Mel" Salinas
(15.30%) in Los Angeles County
(15.1%) in Orange County
- Occupation: Parent/Local Businesswoman
- Alpha & Omega Lock & Key
- Former HOA Board Member
- Past President, La Habra RWF
- PTA Board Member
Gene N. Dunford
- Local Control
- The Arts, Physical Education and Technology
- A Well-Rounded, Back to Basics Curriculum
(12.61%) in Los Angeles County
(10.3%) in Orange County
Patrick G. Rockenbach
(8.08%) in Los Angeles County
(8.3%) in Orange County
- Occupation: Parent/Process Manager
- Parent of three children that attend school in the district
- 20+ years experience working in a variety of positions for Bank of America
- Successfully managed a multimillion dollar budget.
- Developed and implemented staffing plans.
- Created and administered training and education plans.
Kevin M. DeMera
- Explore alternate methods of revenue to minimize impact of budget cuts
- Seek out best demonstrated practices of other local districts and incorporate into LJSD policy
- Create an innovative class curriculum using technology to promote student development
(7.36%) in Los Angeles County
(8.4%) in Orange County
- Occupation: Parent/Businessman/Historian
- Parent of three
- Small business owner/property management
- Management and budgeting experience
- Historian/history teacher
- Product of a public education
- Transparency and open public dialogue
- Smaller class sizes
- Greater parental involvement in district policy decisions
(5.98%) in Los Angeles County
(9.1%) in Orange County
- Occupation: Programs Manager/Parent
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
time: 7 p.m.
place: Rancho Starbuck Intermediate School
16430 Woodbrier Dr, Whittier
co-sponsors: LWV North Orange County,
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.