This information is provided by the candidate
- Married 40 years
- Pleasant Hill resident 36 years
- 3 daughters, successful Mt. Diablo graduates
- licensed day care provider 1987-1993
COMMUNITY SERVICE 1976-2006
- California State PTA Board of Managers 1991-2010
- California State PTA 2009-2011 Board of Directors, Vice President for Communications
- California School Boards Association
- Pleasant Hill Chamber of Commerce, 19 years
- PTA unit memberships since 1978
- Girl Scout Lifetime Member 1990
- Professional memberships
- Phi Kappa Phi
- MDUSD Governing Board 1997-2010, president twice
- MDUSD 2010 Measure C $348 million facilities bond, endorser and Community United for Excellent Schools committee volunteer
- Intel Affliated CCC Science & Engineering Fair 2010, judge coordinator, http://www.cccsef.org
- MDUSD 2009 Measure D School Funding Measure, endorser and Community United for Excellent Schools committee volunteer
- MDUSD Measure A Advisory Committee 1989-2008
- MDUSD Safe and Drug Free Schools Task Force 1988-2008
Advisory Board and Publicity Committee 1988-1992.
Bookmark contest elem., middle and high schools 1991.
Bookcover contest elem., middle and high schools 1989 and 1991.
Bumper sticker contest 1990 and 1991.
Logo contest and Logo Contest Collection 1988.
- MDUSD 2002 Measure C $250 million bond, endorser, volunteer
- MDUSD Measure A "Help Repair Our Schools" Chairman 1988-89
- Contra Costa County Juvenile Systems Planning Advisory Committee 1996-2004
- Pleasant Hill Flood Control Multi-Agency Task Force 2002-2006
- Pleasant Hill Recreation and Parks District Master Plan
- Pleasant Hill City General Plan Committee 2002-2003
- Pleasant Hill City Education Commission,Community of Character Task Force,Student Art Showcase 2004
- California State PTA Board of Managers 1991-2006.
Publications Specialist 2005-07.
Public Relations Coordinator 2003-05.
Convention Resolutions Chairman 2003-05.
Vice President for Communications 2001-03.
Vice President for Community Concerns 1999-01.
Convention Conference Chairman 1997-99.
Website Coordinator 1997-99.
PTA in California Editor 1993-1997.
Technology Committee Chairman.
- 32nd District PTA Secretary 2009-2011; President, Contra Costa County 1991-93
- Contra Costa Co. Court Schools PTA President 1997-98 & 2000-01
- Mt. Diablo Council of PTAs President 1986-1988; advisor 2009-2011
- Pleasant Hill Elem. School PTA President 1985-1986
- Various offices and committees including first vice president, financial secretary, treasurer, secretary, treasurer, parliamentarian, volunteer coordinator, program vice president, membership, newsletter editor, Reflections chairman
- Contra Costa County Academic Programs for Excellence (APEX), Mock Trial, Model UN, Spelling Bee,Board of Directors, vice chair 1995
- Contra Costa County School Volunteer Program (CCCSVP)Board of Directors 1992-94, treasurer 1993-94
- CORE-Citizens Outraged by Reductions in Education, co-chair 1991-93
- Parent Educator Program (PEP), Pleasant Hill Elem.1984-86
- Creative Play Center, co-op preschool, treasurer 1981-82
- Pleasant Hill Baseball Assn. softball manager "Madruga Chevron Mad Dogs" champions 1988
- Girl Scout leader: Troop 1465 7 yrs, Troop 1124 3 yrs, PH Assn. school organizer
- Two Sentinels Girl Scout Camp 1987-2009, Head cook 13 years, cook two years,unit leader three years
VISIT -- http://WWW.LindaMayo4MDUSD.com
- Contra Costa Co. School Boards Assn. & Contra Costa Co.
Superintendent of Schools.
Public School Service Award 2004 and 2006.
- Association of California School Administrators,
Contra Costa Chapter Region VI.
Friend of Education Award 1993.
- CTA & ALCOSTA Service Center Gold Award
"Citizen of the Year" 1990 California Teachers Assn.& Alameda & Contra Costa County
- Mt. Diablo USD Safe and Drug Free Schools Outstanding Service Award 1990
- CCC Board of Supervisors Recognition: Gold Award for Outstanding Citizen 1990
- Mt. Diablo Board of Ed Appreciation Award, Measure A Co-Chair 1989
- Mt. Diablo Board of Ed Appreciation Award, Measure A Co-Chair 1988
- Mt. Diablo Board of Ed Recognition PTA Council President 1986-1988
- PTA: Nine Honorary Service Awards.
Golden Oak Award, College Park HS PTSA, 2009.
Golden Oak Award, 32nd District PTA 2003.
Golden Oak Award, Mt. Diablo Council of PTAs 1998.
Golden Oak Award, Valley View Middle School PTSA 1996.
National PTA Life Award, Pleasant Hill Elem PTA 1991.
Continuing Service Award, College Park HS PTSA 1995.
Pleasant Hill Elem. PTA Golden Bell Service recognition 1978-1991.
Continuing Service Award 32nd District PTA 1989.
Continuing Service Award, Pleasant Hill Elem. PTA 1988.
Honorary Service Award, Pleasant Hill Elem. PTA 1984.