(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Barbara S. Pennington
- Occupation: Incumbent
- B.A. Liberal Arts, Northeastern Illinois University
- Past President, Walnut Creek Education Foundation
- Past President, Parkmead Active Learning School Parent Teacher Organization
- Financial services manager for 25 years, now retired
Angela P. Borchardt
- Maintain fiscal stability.
- Continue to provide our students with an excellent education by attracting and retaining qualified, skilled staff.
- Continue to prioritize District resources according to its broad-based Strategic Plan.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Marketing Research Consultant
- MBA, University Of San Francisco
- BS Food Science, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Ensure all children in the district receive a high quality education, even in tough budget times
- Maintain rich curricular programs across the district
- Maintain best quality teachers throughout the district
- Occupation: Business Owner/Engineer
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Marketing Communications Consultant
- Trustee, Walnut Creek Education Foundation
- Board of Directors, Walnut Creek Soccer Club
- Steering Committee, Measures G&H School Funding Campaign
- Bachelor of Arts, Santa Clara University
- Parent, Walnut Creek School District & Las Lomas HS
- ensure that during these challenging times when tough decisions must be made, the best interests of our students remains the first consideration
- to support, encourage and acknowledge our teachers, and provide them the resources they need to accomplish their important work
- to stimulate and facilitate input from not just the school-family community, but the community at large, and to communicate our challenges, options an
- Occupation: Attorney/Business Owner
- Juris Doctor, University of San Francisco, School of Law
- B.A., History, University of California, Davis
- Las Lomas PTSA
- Parent, Las Lomas High School
- Ensure the District's fiscal health through active budget oversight, as well as maximize public and private sources of funding.
- Ensure the new homework policy is implemented and amended as needed to enhance the academic life of all children in the district.
- Improve communication and collaboration between parents, schools, school district, and community.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Candidate Roundtable Video 8/24/10
- Note: Scroll down to find race then click on picture
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.