(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: School Board Member
- 30 years of teaching experience as an Adult Education Vocational Instructor
- Won State Excellence in Teaching Award, 2003
- Spearheaded a "college-going culture" by Co-Founding the Ivy League Connection
- Served as an active PTA/PTSA volunteer for over 15 years, including in various leadership positions
- Lives in El Cerrito with her husband, Hale, of 30 years
Charles T. Ramsey
- Provide a quality education for all students in the district
- Continue to maintain a balanced budget to keep our district solvent and develop resources to protect our future
- Ensure our kids are prepared to enter the 21st century workforce
- Occupation: School Board Member
- West Contra Costa School Board Member since 1993
- Initiated the "Ivy League Connection" program allowing district students to experience campus life at some of the country's top universities
- Practicing attorney in Oakland
- Graduated from Berkeley High School; earned undergraduate degree from UCLA and law degree from Hastings School of Law
- Lives in El Cerrito with his wife, Donna, and daughters, Adrianne, 15 and Monica, 13
Elaine R. Merriweather
- Student Achievement
- Fiscal Responsibility
- School Safety
- Occupation: Teacher/Parent
- Graduate of San Francisco State University 1983, twenty-five years of public school teaching experience, was PTA president at Adams Middle School
- Golden Gate Service Center "1999 State Who Award" and San Francisco State University College of Education Alumni "Golden Torch Award" 5/7/05
- School Site Council Chairwoman at Richmond High School 2002, currently on council at son's school in WCCUSD
- Recognized by West Contra Costa Unified School District Board of Education for parent volunteerism, honored with a Resolution, Dec.15, 1993
- Awarded the " Parents Make a Difference Award" by KTVU Channel 2
- Honored for Advocacy for Young Children by Mayor Gavin Newsom of San Francisco
Jason S. Freeman
- Advocate for adequate funding
- Create better ways to share information with parents and teachers,open lines of communication
- Work diligently to improve safety
- Occupation: Science/Math Educator
- More than 13 years of experience supporting formal and informal learning opportunities for underserved youth
- Certified classroom teacher
- National education leader responsible for connecting science resources with afterschool programs
- Masters in Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School of Government
- Lives in El Cerrito with wife Gretchen, also an educator, and daughter Sydney, born August 2009
- Building on proven examples of success from our own and other communities
- Taking advantage of external resources and funding opportunities to equip our schools, teachers, and students for success
- Embracing science and technology as tools to prepare our students for college and careers
- Occupation: Teacher/School Boardmember
- Civic Pride Award honoring Audrey Miles on August 14, 2010 for enriching the lives of children.
- Coordinator of First 5, 2010 Summer Pre-K Program
- West Contra Costa County School Board Trustee since 2006
- WCCUSD Board President 2008-09
- 17 years of K-6 teaching experience
- Provide the highest quality education for all of our children.
- Encourage and strengthen positive choices in our students through programs that support and respect the diverse communities we live in.
- Provide for individual and collective accountability by board, staff, teachers, students.
- Occupation: Software Technical Writer
- President, Bayside Council of PTAs (WCCUSD) 2004-06
- Vice President, 32d District PTA (Contra Costa County) 2007-09
- Chair, Community Budget Advisory Committee (WCCUSD) 2005-10
- West Contra Costa Education Fund, Distinguished Citizen Award Winner 2006
- Parent in WCCUSD Schools for 16 Years
- BA, UC Berkeley 1985
- Honor and support all paths for student success
- Find creative ways to attract and retain quality teaching
- Increase community and parent involvement in our schools and the district
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- West Contra Costa Unified School District Website
Parents of WCCUSD
- School Board Candidates Forum 10/14/10 Video
- School Board Candidates Forum 9/29/10 Video
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.