(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Cheryl J. Hansen
- Occupation: Educator
- M.A. Educational Leadership
- B.A. English, Humanities, French
- Currently Coordinator, Instructional Leadership, Contra Costa County Office of Education
- MDUSD Teacher and Administrator for 24 years
- High School Principal, Fairfield-Suisun USD
- Assistant Principal, Martinez USD
Linda K. Mayo
- Focus student learning on preparing our students for success in college and career
- Allocate and expend money wisely and responsibly, using a clear system of input and prioritization.
- Improve trust, respect, communication, and morale among all groups supported by competent, dedicated district/site leadership.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Volunteer - PTA, community
- Business owner
- BA, CSU Fresno, Phi Kappa Phi
- Masters in Governance, CA School Boards Assn.
- CTA & ALCOSTA Service Center "Citizen of the Year" Gold Award
- National PTA Honorary Life and CA PTA Golden Oak Awards - 4
Lynne B. Dennler
- Academic achievement and rigorous program access for every student
- Exemplary employee recruitment and training
- Improving MDUSD's funding and reputation in the community
Brian T. Lawrence
- Occupation: Retired Teacher
- Occupation: Technology Executive
- Berkeley MBA
- Executive for startup technology companies
- Father of 3 young children
Jeffrey L. "Jeff" Adams
- Focus on student achievement
- Fiscal accountability and transparency
- Spend money on students, not bureaucracy
- Occupation: Attorney
- Husband and father of six children (four graduates of, and two currently attending, MDUSD schools) and 18 year MDUSD area resident.
- 23 years of professional experience in business administration, finance and law.
- Juris Doctor, Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Science (finance) degrees
- Volunteer (community): pro bono legal services, oversee organization providing food, lodging, employent search help, and assistance to elderly
- Volunteer (students): School site councils, 20 year youth soccer/basketball coach, boy scout and girls camp leader, teacher of HS age students
- Volunteer (foundations): Founding board member of United Mount Diablo Athletic and Mount Diablo Music Education Foundations supporting MDUSD students
Roy A. Larkin
- Quality instruction and a complete, well-rounded educational experiences for students while remaining fiscally responsible.
- Improve school performance, obtain every possible dollar from federal, state and local sources, and leverage and live within the means available.
- Administrative simplification, better school district support, financial transparency, and timely, accurate communication at the district level.
- Occupation: Retired CFO
- 33 years of financial experience
- Financial turn around expertise
- Stabilize the District's financial condition
- Review programs and staffing to increase student success
- Re-establish trust within the District and with the community
- Occupation: Retired Bank Appraiser
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Mount Diablo Unified School District website
- Candidate Roundtable Video 8/25/10
- Note: Scroll down to find race then click on picture
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.