(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Appointed School Board Member
- Former Hayward City Manager (14 years)
- President, Armas Consulting Group
- Masters, Public Administration, Cal State LA
- Bachelors, Political Science, Occidental College
- Quality Education: I will focus on having qualified teachers and adminstrators who are committed to helping students succeed
- Parental Engagement: I will engage parents to take an active role in the education of their children
- Local Control: I will fight to preserve local control, so decisions about the school district are made in Hayward not Sacramento
- Occupation: Educator / College Administrator
- Certificate, College Admissions and Career Planning, UC Berkeley Extension, 2004
- Ed.D. in Education, emphasis Organization and Leadership, University of San Francisco, 2003
- M.S. in Educational Psychology, CSUH 1998
- B.A. Sociology, San Francisco State University, 1994
- Ensuring Transfer Success, CSUH 2001
- Cross-Cultural Training, CSUH 1997, former bi-lingual elementary school teacher
Lawrence M. "Fitz" Fitzpatrick
- Academic Excellence: Preparing students to be productive members of society
- Safe & Healthy Schools: Children & families who WANT to be educated in Hayward
- Options for Parents & Children: Learn from successful school districts and adopt their best practices
- Occupation: Security Officer
- Get rid of no-bid contracts and have open bid contracts.
- Establish strict rules against conflict of interest.
- Re-examine our Language curriculum so that more of our second language kids speak English sooner.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.