Placer, Sacramento County, CA
June 8, 2010 Election
Keys to reign in spending
Keys to grow businesses
- Set $150,000 as maximum salary any state employee can earn, including UC regents.
- Move non-critical state employees to a 4-day work week modeled on the successful program in Utah.
- Levy hefty fines + not jail + on non-violent drug offenders. Legalize, regulate and tax marijuana.
- Begin the process of reforming the state employee pension system.
- Conduct thorough audit to find and shutdown agencies that are wasteful or duplicate work.
Keys to our future
- Allow new businesses to defer state and property taxes for three years.
- Cut taxes on businesses permanently.
- Cap welfare for any able-bodied residents at two years and develop incentives for businesses that get Californians off welfare roles.
- Allow any business six months to make changes before an ADA lawsuit can proceed and disbar lawyers who abuse ADA laws.
- Invest in future infrastructure + wind and solar, electric car fuel stations, and intelligent transportation systems.
Keys to Public Safety
- Impose a $1 per month fee for all Southern California residents who use Northern California water. Revenue will go to modernizing our water infrastructure.
- Minimize the size and role of the California Dept. of Education. Return education decisions to localities and parents. Eliminate the asinine zero-tolerance policies that force educators into stupid decision making. Encourage students to pursue academic careers in math, science and technology.
- Stop funding any social welfare program that does not provide life-critical services and redirect that money into investing in California's infrastructure. We need to start building the schools, hospitals, roads and bridges of the future.
- Continue to fund efforts to modernize and unify the state's technology infrastructure to minimize waste and improve efficiency.
- Withhold money California pays to the federal government as long as federal immigration laws go unenforced.
Keys to our District
- Fix or abolish the death penalty. The limbo that exists now is an injustice to all.
- Get the latest technology to our police officers to help them do their job.
- End prison overcrowding by implementing stiff fines instead of jail time for minor, non-violent drug possession offenses.
- Demand the federal government deport illegal immigrants housed in our prisons.
- Make life imprisonment or the death penalty mandatory for violent sexual offenders who victimize children.
- Protect our water resources.
- Invest in roads and investigate possibility of building new bridges over the American River.
- Work with the City of Sacramento to develop a new entertainment and sports arena that does not use any public money.
- Establish an easy-to-use, Web-based program that will allow citizens to see where every tax dollar and lobbying dollar is spent.
- Target and eliminate the disincentives that discourage people from opening businesses.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
June 2010 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: April 18, 2010 16:49
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.