Runoff Election 11/2/2010
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Deputy Treasurer-Tax Collector - San Mateo County
- Acting Assistant Tax Collector - San Mateo County
- Banking Liaison - San Mateo County, Schools, and Special Districts
- Occupation: Trustee, San Mateo County Community College District
- Experienced Silicon Valley Entrepreneur
- - Started and took public my own software company
- - Founder and CEO of a company offering affordable healthcare for uninsured and under-insured Californians
- Committed Community Volunteer for Over 30 Years
- - Vice Chair, California State Parks Foundation
- Bachelors degree with Distinction and Masters degree from Stanford University
Joe Galligan, CPA
- I will be a strong advocate for San Mateans, aggressively representing our interests and defending our local property taxes against Sacramento raids
- Learn the lessons from the $155 Million Lehman loss and Invest our money based on an updated Investment Policy to ensure safety and liquidity
- I will make sure we are collecting all the revenue and taxes we are due, as efficiently as possible, eliminating waste, following best practices
- Occupation: Certified Public Accountant
- Burlingame Mayor 2001 and 2005
- Burlingame City Council 1997 to 2005
- Bachelor of Accountancy 1976
- Masters of Science in Taxation 1987
- Passed Series 7 General Securities Representative Exam
- Treasurer, HEART, Community Gatepath and Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County
- Collect and carefully manage all revenues and assets
- Find new efficiencies across all County Departments
- Bring back confidence and control in the Tax Collector's office
- Occupation: Registered Investment Advisor
- Masters of Science, USC
- Bachelors of Science, SJSU
- Board of Directors, SMC Visitor's & Convention Bureau
- NDNU Graduate Studies Advisory Board
- BIS PTA Treasurer
- SSF Investment Oversight Committee
- Restore confidence in the county Treasurer/Tax Collector's office
- Be an advocate to secure safe funding for our schools and social services.
- Position the office of the Treasurer/Tax Collector more responsive to the needs of the community.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.