(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Mayor
- Received BA from University of San Diego, MA in political science from SDSU, and Ph.D in education from University of Southern California.
- Worked as a local teacher and school principal.
- Served on Chula Vista Elementary School District Board of Trustees, Sharp Healthcare's Advisory Board, & Chula Vista's Charter Review Commission.
- Received 2009 Presidential Award, Leadership & Involvement Award from the CV Chamber of Commerce, CA Women's Leadership Association Trailblazer Award.
- Received San Diego Urban Corps' Kate Sessions Environmental Award, BOMA's 2008 Public Official of the Year.
- Cheryl is the wife of San Diego County Supervisor Greg Cox, and mother of two adult daughters.
- Fiscal responsibility and discipline to streamline city government, build reserves, balance the budget, and restore the city's credit rating.
- Promote economic development and new jobs, revitalize older neighborhoods, a world-class Bayfront, University Park & Research Center planning.
- Invest in Chula Vista's infrastructure and protect funding for public safety, roads, parks and libraries to enhance residents' quality of life.
- Occupation: Councilmember/Businessman
- Occupation: Southwestern Community College District Governing Board Member
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- City of Chula Vista Website
San Diego Union-Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.