(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Official Ballot Statement
- Occupation: Deputy District Attorney
- Litigation associate, handling complex civil matters at Morrison & Foerster, LLP
- Chosen for prestigious position of Law Clerk for the Federal District Court, Central District of California
- Graduated Order of the Coif and Magna Cum Laude, U.C. Hastings College of the Law
- Received Milton D. Green Top Ten Award for ranking 7 out of class of 449 at U.C. Hastings College of Law
- Received American Jurisprudence Awards for ranking first in class for Trial Advocacy I, Trial Advocacy II, Family Law, and Property
- Received Wiley M. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
- Serve with Experience, having practiced in both complex civil litigation as well as the prosecution of serious and violent criminals
- Serve with Integrity, maintaining my reputation as a fair, ethical, and experienced attorney dedicated to justice
- Serve with Commitment to our Community, having focused on crime prevention for youth, including implementing and overseeing Parent Project countywide
Official Ballot Statement
- Occupation: Attorney in Santa Clara County
- Lead attorney with a major law firm; 23+ years experience in civil cases ranging from small to the very complex.
- Highest ratings (5.0 of 5) for ethical standards and legal ability by the leading national directory of attorneys.
- Former Army Ranger leader (private to Lt. Colonel); decorated combat veteran (Bronze Star for Heroism and Purple Heart)
- Masters Degree (4.0 GPA) in Public Administration and 40+ years of leadership and management experience.
- A proven decisionmaker for 10+ years as a court-appointed arbitrator and volunteer fee arbitrator.
- Top academic credentials - BA in History, Uof Arizona (4.0) GPA; Santa Clara Law - 6th of 50; Assoc. degrees in Physics, Math & Engineering (3.69 GPA)
- The welfare and safety of children are at the very top of my top priorities.
- Our courts serve all the people & I will work hard to ensure that everyone has an equal voice and that the rights of the "little guy" are preserved.
- The safety of our community must be protected - I will never forget about the victim!
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The Leagues of Women Voters of Santa Clara County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Sentencing, Experience, and Bias.
News and Analysis
- Santa Clara County Judges Forum
- Saturday, April 24 2-4:00 PM
Unitarian Universalist Church, Palo Alto
505 E. Charleston Avenue, Palo Alto
- Video of Candidates Forum
- Watch the April 24th Candidates Forum produced by the Midpeninsula Community Media Center
- San Jose Mercury News,
- May 11, 2010
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.