This information is provided by the candidate
In these uncertain times, I will fight crime and fiscal waste with the resourceful and accountable leadership that has defined my career, from Chief of California's Bureau of Investigation to D.A. Investigator here in El Dorado County, my home for decades.
As Sheriff, I will:
- Enhance community policing. Expand neighborhood watch programs and create business watch. Reinstate school-resource officers.
- Combat sexual predators, elder abuse and domestic violence. While Chief of California's Bureau of Investigation (C.B.I.), I delivered the Sexual Predator Apprehension Program and led the development of investigative guidelines for elder and dependent-adult abuse. I also helped launch the High-Tech Crimes Task Force, strengthening our region's fight against child pornography.
- Fight drugs and emerging gang activity by collaborating with other criminal-justice agencies, schools, and community and youth groups. As C.B.I. Chief, I implemented the Cal-Gang system and directed county narcotic task forces. I infiltrated gangs and arrested hundreds while working undercover narcotics earlier in his career. And I continue to mentor youth and teens in our county's foster-care system.
- Reduce overhead to put more Deputies on the street. My experience guiding the C.B.I. through past economic downturns has prepared me for today's challenging fiscal issues. Fighting waste and mismanagement, I have balanced multi-million-dollar budgets, and led independent audits at local, county and state law-enforcement agencies.
- Improve department morale and retention. Great organizations are built on consistency of leadership, ethical decision-making, accountability and professional development opportunities for staff. Everyone has a voice.
- Protect Second Amendment rights. Supporting the Second Amendment and C.C.W. privileges in accordance with California's Penal Code, I will simplify the C.C.W.-permit process so that applicants and the department are not burdened with time-consuming and costly hurdles.