Official Final Results
(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent
- CPA, CFO and finance executive for over 30 years for major companies (incl. Pacific National Bank, MetLife, Bank of America, Arthur Andersen & Co.)
- 20 years of volunteer service for the City of Piedmont, its Schools, Scouts, and the Community, including many leadership roles
- 28 year resident, married, wife is Maggie; daughter Julia and son Bryan both were educated through Piedmont's schools
- Council liaison to the Alameda County Congestion Management Agency; many Piedmont Commissions/Committees (incl. Planning, Park, CIP, Muni Tax, Audit)
- MBA from UCLA - Finance and Accounting
- BS from UC Berkeley - Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Sound and prudent fiscal management during unprecedented economic times
- Preservation and maintenance of the quality and beauty of our City
- Public safety, emergency preparedness and sports field solutions
- Occupation: Business Manager, Columnist
- 30 years of corporate and non-profit financial mgmt experience
- 15 years of volunteer service for Piedmont
- 7 years writing "Piedmontage" column for Piedmont Post
- Former City Council member
- M.B.A. from Harvard Business School
- Bachelors Degree from Princeton University
- Use my financial expertise to promote cost-efficient use of your tax dollars; continued sound financial management of Piedmont's city services.
- Use my school management experience to help maintain the existing good relationship between the City and Piedmont's schools.
- Support youth recreational programs. .
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Scientist, PhD, Cornell University
- Member, UC Davis Cancer Center
- Married with 3 children in Piedmont schools
- city liason to Alameda Solid Waste Authority
- member, 2009 PUSD Strategic Advisory Committee
- Civic Center Master Plan Sub-committee
- fiscal oversight to maintain levels of public service
- long-term planning for Civic Center improvements
- improved public participation in government decision-making
- Occupation: Business Development Manager
- J.D. from Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia
- Member California Bar since 1992
- Married 15 years to Don Watters, son Sam, Host son Antonio
- International exchange student host family past 3 years
- School volunteer, Havens Elementary School
- Campaigned on behalf of Measures B & E for Piedmont Schools
Nancy "Sunny" Bostrom
- Fiscal Responsibility - making budget decisions that build our city budget reserves while preserving public safety services and first-rate schools
- Responsive Leadership -- providing new leadership that ensures a more transparent and responsive government with a fresh perspective
- Accessible Government -- improving ability for two-way communication with residents on city projects and initiatives that affect Piedmont residents
- Occupation: Deputy Marriage Commissioner, County of Alameda
- The appointment as a Deputy Marriage Commissioner permits me to marry couples in Alameda County; I performed several hundred marriages in 2009.
- 50+ year Resident of Piedmont; 1963 Graduate of Piedmont High School. Extensive early and continuing liberal education in Europe, Africa and Asia.
- Two Associate Degrees, 1983 and '84 from College of Alameda in Sociology and in Psychology, respectively.
- Decades of independent, continuous volunteer work and financial contributions, averaging about 15 hrs/wk; Causes in Oakland, Alameda, San Francisco.
- Scope: Feeding the poor and/or homeless; supporting victims of violence, rape, abuse, war, unwed: including U.S. citizens, immigrants, and refugees.
- Improved public and personal safety and security of all Piedmont Citizens including Seniors, and heightened awareness and specific action plans.
- Improved executive oversight at City Council level in management of all City affairs.
- Commitment to education and recreation, and enhanced opportunities for Piedmont Youth and Seniors..
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The LWV Piedmont has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Utilities Undergrounding Project, Role of Citizen Commissions, Blair Park Sports Center, and Piedmontís Balanced Budget.
News and Analysis
- City Council Candidates Night
- Thursday, January 14, 7:30 pm
Piedmont City Council Chambers
- Contra Costa Times
- Five candidates vying for Piedmont City Council seats
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.