This information is provided by the candidate
- I support public safety and will work to ensure that funding is available to provide adequate fire and police services.
- I will work to increase the tax base through the addition of environmentally sound retail and manufacturing.
- I recognize our natural resources such as our beaches, rolling hillsides and agriculture as points of interest for tourism and will strive to keep them clean and undisturbed.
- I believe tourism is a clean industry and will work to keep our community attractive to tourists by encouraging the various arts including our theaters, museums and concerts.
- As a retired deputy sheriff that is experienced in dealing with quality of life issues, I will familiarize myself with the concerns of citizens throughout the city and work to resolve their problems.
- As a small business owner in downtown Ventura, I have come to understand the frustrations they face including parking problems, panhandlers, loiterers and drug usage. I will work with police to take a strong stance on these issues to ensure that visitors and business owners can be safe.
- Our economic problems have placed many in situations that require assistance. I welcome the opportunity to work with a united front of organizations devoted to helping those in need.
- The citizens, businesses and government of Ventura are composed of people who care and want to work as a team to resolve their problems. I have the time, energy, enthusiasm and dedication needed to be part of that team and hope I'm given the chance.
Position Paper 1
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2009 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any candidate or political party.
Created from information supplied by the candidate: October 7, 2009 09:37
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org