This information is provided by the candidate
- Ventura resident for nearly 50 years.
- 32 years as a Deputy with Ventura Co. Sheriff, Retired as a Captain.
- Small Business owner, my wife and I own A Secret Place Salon & Day Spa in Downtown Ventura.
- Masters in Public Administration, Cal Lutheran University
Valedictorian, Buena High School 1971.
- Prior Council Candidate in 1971 and 1973. I stressed the need to redevelop the downtown area to attract tourism.
- Created a fundraiser that raised $15,000 each for the American Cancer Society and Alzheimer's Association by riding bicycles across the country with my son Shaun.
- Consultant for the Ventura County Financial Abuse Specialist Team, an organization of professionals dealing with financial abuse of Senior Citizens.
- Helped organize the Ventura County Agricultural Theft Task Force. This group gained recognition throughout the state for their united approach in dealing with Agricultural Commodity theft. The cooperation between the Ventura County Sheriff's Department, District Attorney's Office, Ventura County Farm Bureau, Ranchers, Growers, and Distributors helped convict criminals and reduce theft of commodities.
- Member of Our Lady of Assumption Catholic Church.
- Member of the International Blue Knights Motorcycle Club, CA Chapter 17.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2009 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any candidate or political party.
Created from information supplied by the candidate: October 7, 2009 09:37
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org