(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent/ Retired Firefighter
- Retired Firefighter - 36 years
- AA Degree Fire Science
- California State Teaching credential - life time
- California State Fire Marshall Instructor
- FEMA Urban Search & Rescue Instructor
- Maintain present budget priorities and reserves
- Seek alternative retirement options
- Improve relationships with Fire District Employees
- Occupation: Retired Logistics and Safety Manger
- AA Fire Science
- B.S. Business/Finance
- National Fire Academy
- CERT TEAM Leader Menlo Park
- National /FEMA CERT Team Train-The-Trainer
- Emergency Prepardness Menlo Park
- Successful resolution of current Labor Contract Negotiations
- Financial Sustainability: Adquate Reserves: Fiscal Discipline
- Resolution of the CALPERS issues to district payments
- Occupation: Businessman
- Current Position: Chairman of the Board - Deluxe, Inc.
- Retired Corporate VP - Intel Corporation
- Former Faculty - University of Minnesota
- Former Faculty - University of St. Thomas
- University of Minnesota - MBA - MIS
- University of St. Thomas - BA - Business
James M. Harris
- Adopt a conservative fiscal plan which recognizes current economic conditions
- Conclude the negotiations between the Union and District fairly and rebuild Department morale
- Maintain and enhance high service levels and public satisfaction (Click on Political Philosophy to see other Goals and Priorities)
- Occupation: Businessman
- CEO, Crystal Clear Technologies, Inc.
- MIT: Ph.D., B.S.
- 20+ patents
Robert J. Silano
- Financial Sustainability; Continuous Improvement
- Improved Communication; Greater Transparency
- Fresh Perspective; Alternative Revenue Sources
- Occupation: Chief, Threat Intelligence/ Senior Intelligence Analyst
- MS Education; Admin/Supervision, FIU, Miami, Fl.
- FBI National Academy; Class 158; BS Criminal Justice, FIU, Miami, Fl
- Former City of Menlo Park Commissioner
- NASA Ames Research Center: Protective Services Section/ DART : Disaster Assistance and Rescue Team (Investigator, Training Manager)
- California Emergency Management Agency (2006 to Present) Chief, Threat Intelligence assigned to the NCRIC San Francisco, CA.
- United States Department of Justice: Drug Enforcement Administration: Retired Supervisor/Manager/ Special Agent : Former City of Miami Police Officer
Jon N. Mosby
- Have the Menlo Park Fire Protection District completed and approved labor contract with the union
- Prepare an evaluation of all personnel and equipment needs of the fire district.
- Balanced Budget: Resolve the CALPERS issue as it relates to payments from the district.
- Occupation: Retired Electronic Engineer
- Board of Directors, Blackberry REACT, Inc. (Treasurer)
- Board of Directors, Nine Lives Foundation (Treasurer)
- Board of Directors, First Baptist Church of Menlo Park
- Instructor for Emergency Preparedness (20+ years)
- CERT Instructor for Menlo Park Fire Protection District
- Previous California State Fire Marshall Certificate EE6546
- Addressing contract and retirement issues and District financial sustainability;
- Exploring consolidation possibilities and District debt reduction;
- Keeping the District on the cutting edge of safety and education for public benefit
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.