(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Jorge S. Hernández
- Occupation: Educational Financial Advisor
Sylvia V. Macias
- Advocating for the implementation of short term and long term fiscal goals to ensure our school district is never in fiscal crisis again.
- Establish a budget audit and oversight committee comprised of all stakeholders to ensure the districts finance are transparent and open to the public.
- Reevaluate and revamp the current methods of communication with our community as well as create new methods of communication.
- Occupation: School Board Trustee
- Occupation: Educational Consultant and School Board Trustee
- HARVARD UNIVERSITY, Master in Public Policy
- COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Vice President, The New Teacher Project
- Member, South Whittier School District Board of Trustees
- Experienced Second Grade TEACHER, Compton Unified
- Vice President, SPIRITT Family Services
- Increasing student achievement and ensuring educational excellence for ALL students
- Protecting education programs for students
- Working in partnership with parents, families, and the community
- Occupation: Parent/Corporate Educator
- B.A Degree in Business Administration (Management Emphasis) California State University Fullerton
- Carmela Elementary School Site Council President (2008-Present)
- South Whittier Parent Advisory Committee (2008-Present)
- Carmela Elementary PTA Member (2008-Present)
- Basketball Coach and Volunteer at Mayberry Park (1993-1997)
- Attended Mc Kibben, South Whittier (Now Graves Middle School), and California High School.
- Josué Alvarado will protect the educational interest of our children
- Josué Alvarado will commit to keeping cuts away from the classroom
- Josué Alvarado will fight against laying off more teachers or staff
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- South Whittier School District
- Thursday October 22
time: 7:00 p.m.
location: Graves Middle School Cafetorium
13243 Los Nietos Rd., Whittier
NOTE: followed by candidates for
Orchard Dale Water District
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.