(Vote for 4)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Governing Board Member
- Elementary School Teacher, La Mirada High Spanish Teacher, Norwalk Adult School ESL Teacher.
- Norwalk Adult School Principal, Norwalk- La Mirada Assistant Superintendent Educational Services,
- Fulbright Teacher in Mexico and in Spain.
- 47 year District resident.
- Three daughters graduated District Schools.
- Parent, Grandfather, Board Member, Board President.
Ana M. Valencia
- ALL Students reading and performing at or above grade level.
- Safe, Modernized, well supplied schools with outstanding teaching.
- PARENT INVOLVEMENT, FISCAL ACCOUNTABILITY, and personal responsibility at all levels.
- Occupation: Teacher/Boardmember
- B.A., Sociology from CSULA
- California Teaching Credential
- Elementary Teacher since 1996
- UTLA/NEA Vice President, 2008-Present
- California Teachers Association, Service Center Chairperson
- California School Board Association, Delegate Assembly (policy-making body of CSBA)
Margarita L. Rios
- Maintain the District's fiscal discipline
- Fight the state budget cuts to our classrooms
- Promote high standards and higher education for students
- Occupation: Detective
- Active parent of children in the District
- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice CSULB
- A.A. General Education, Cerritos College
- Elected Shared Decision Making Council '07-'08
- Parent Volunteer/ PTA Member
- Sworn Peace Officer since 1997
Darryl Rodney Adams
- Academic Success - ensure students are learning the basics
- Partnerships and open, meaningful two way communication with all stakeholders
- Productive, responsible, and safe learning environments and quality after school programs.
- Occupation: Governing Boardmember
- High School Teacher since 1985
- BA - Political Science
- Clear Teaching Credential
- President Norwalk-La Mirada School Bd
- 9x Who's Who Among American Teachers
- Safe and Secure Campuses
- Quality Education for All Students
- Maintain Fiscal Independence- Balanced Budget
- Occupation: Parent/Business Owner
- Bachelor of Arts Degree - 12/ 1994
- Master of Science - 12/ 1994
Jesus G. "Jesse" Urquidi
- High Academic Standards and School Accountability
- Student Achievement Remains Highest Priority
- Every Dollar Benefits Children's Education
- Occupation: Engineering Project Manager
- Former Norwalk Public Safety Commissoner
- Graduate of John Glenn High School
- Norwalk Lions club Melvin Jones fellow
- Past President of the Norwalk Chamber of Commerce
- President of the Norwalk La Mirada Education Foundation
- Member of the NLMUSD Declining Enrollment Committee
- Increase support for the Norwalk La Mirada Education Foundation
- Work for a better cooperation between the cities of Norwalk and La Mirada
- Keep budget cuts away from our school sites, better financial examination of the budget
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.