(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Hector A. Chacon
Edwin "Ed" Chau
- Occupation: School Board Member
- Occupation: Attorney/School Boardmember
- Juris Doctorate (Law) - Southwestern University
- Bachelor of Science (Computer Science) - USC
- Bachelor of Arts (Sociology) - USC
- Associate of Arts - LACC
- Balancing our District's budget and avoiding mass layoffs
- Improving student achievements and students' well being
- Providing safe schools and conducive learning environment
- Occupation: Governing Board Member
- Business Degree
- CA State Certified Counselor
- Grant Writer
- Los Angeles County School Trustees Assoc. - Delgate
- CA School Board Association - Delegate
- 30th Senate District "Woman of the Year" 2002
Carlos Morales Illingworth
- Continue to be diligent in monitoring our budget and dollars, while providing maximum accountability.
- Provide a strong and rigorous academic program that includes highly qualified teachers and opportunities for character development.
- Continue to identify additional sources of funding, maintain safe and clean campuses that are effective centers for learning.
- Occupation: Community Relations Manager
- Married & 20 Year Resident of Montebello
- Former K-12 Education Consultant
- Former Community College Counselor's Assistant
- Former Senior Staff Member, California State Legislature
- Executive, Fortune 50 Company
- B.A., Communications, Cal State L.A.
Mary Lou Saavedra
- Ensure Fiscal Efficiency
- Improve Student Achievement
- Increase Parent Engagement and Community Involvement
- Occupation: Personnel Commissioner
- Graduation High School
- Elected Secretary, Vice President and President, of the California School Employees Association for (10) years.
- Appointed Personnel Commissioner by State Superintendent Jack O'Connell in 2001 to present.
- I have served as the President of the Personnel Commissioners Association of Southern California, & California School Commissioners Association.
- Curently serving as Past-President of both associations.
- My tenure with the Montebello Unified School District started in October, 18, 1979, and retired in Dec. 2000, as an Administrative Secretary.
- I have followed the direction our school district is going and want to make a difference, I have (3) grandchildren attending the school district.
- As a dedicated former employee for the district I have exceptional experience & knowledge about the district.
- I understand the current challenges, and my 8 years experience on the Personnel Commission serves a tremendous asset to this elected office.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Montebello Unified School District
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.