(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Michael R. Adams
(23.38%) in Los Angeles County
(27.01%) in Kern County
- Occupation: Municipal Project Manager
- Bachelor of Arts, UCLA
- Master of Science-Management, USC
- 2006 AVC Foundation Public Service Award
- 8 years on AVC Board of Trustees
- Former student & faculty member at AVC
- Former USAF officer
- Manage growth and maximize availability of classes for students
- Expand facilities, services and classes in Palmdale
- Improve and maintain facilities at the Lancaster campus
(21.65%) in Los Angeles County
(20.44%) in Kern County
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Antelope Valley College Board of Trustees (1999-present)
- Earned Golden Apple Award for his contributions to education.
- AV College Foundation Board Member--raising money for student scholarships.
- Co-Founder of Palmdale's "Partners Against Crime" program.
- Former Special Events Manager for the City of Palmdale.
- Lifelong involvement with Antelope Valley College.
Betty J. Wienke
- Quality educational and vocational training programs for students.
- Enhanced campus safety through a new Sheriff's contract.
- New Science Building, Theater and educational facilities at AV College.
(21.76%) in Los Angeles County
(17.65%) in Kern County
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Antelope Valley College Board Trustee since 1997
- Lancaster Homeless Shelter, Board of Supporters
- AV College Foundation, Board of Directors
- Worked at AV College for 32 years.
- Active member of my church.
- Family--Married for 44 years. Proud mother of a Peace Officer.
- Campus Safety--Support our law enforcement partnership with the Los Angeles County Sheriff.
- Fiscal Responsibility--Balance the College's budget without furloughs or layoffs.
- New Programs to serve the needs of our community--Expanded Nursing program; Fire and Sheriff's Academy; and Medical technologies programs.
(16.99%) in Los Angeles County
(18.92%) in Kern County
Robert E. Alvarado
(16.21%) in Los Angeles County
(15.68%) in Kern County
- Occupation: Educator
- AV Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- AV Latin American Club, Past President
- AV International Heritage Committee, President
- High Desert Democratic Club, Past President
- LA County Dem. Central Committee, Region 1 Vice Chair
- 36th Assembly District, CDP, Past Chairman
- Build a permanent AV College Campus in Palmdale
- Work towards opening a temporary Campus in Rosamond
- Restore trust, transparency and fiscal responsibility at AV College
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Antelope Valley Community College District
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.