League of Women Voters of California Education Fund
providing personalized comprehensive nonpartisan voter information any time you want it.
Contra Costa County Ballot
Information for the County of Contra Costa
(Elections Office, local League of Women Voters, links to other county election sites)
November 3, 2009 Election
United States Representative; District 10
- John Garamendi, Democratic
- David Harmer, Republican
- Jeremy Cloward, Green
- Mary C. McIlroy, Peace and Freedom
- Jerome "Jerry" Denham, American Independent
- (389 Total Other Write-In Votes 0.3%)
Mayor; City of San Ramon
- H. Abram Wilson
- (293 Total Other Write-In Votes 4.17%)
Council Member; City of San Ramon
- David E. "Dave" Hudson
- Jim Livingstone
- Jim Brady
- Doug Burr
- (64 Total Other Write-In Votes 0.46%)
- Measure G
-- Acalanes Union High School District
(2/3 Approval Required)
74.47% Yes votes ......
25.53% No votes
- To provide stable local funding at our high schools and protect core academic programs from deep State budget cuts; preserve science, mathematics, arts, music and foreign language courses; and maintain library hours, shall Acalanes Union High School District renew and replace its parcel tax with one that continues the current annual rate of one hundred eighty-nine dollars per parcel, with an exemption for seniors, with all funds benefitting local high schools, and with an independent citizens' oversight committee?
- Measure H
-- Walnut Creek School District
(2/3 Approval Required)
75.72% Yes votes ......
24.28% No votes
- To provide the district with the stable, local funds needed to support high quality education programs, smaller class sizes, classroom technology, libraries and to attract and retain quality teachers, shall the Walnut Creek School District renew its existing special tax of $82 per year beginning July 1, 2010 offering a complete exemption for citizens 65 years and older?
- Measure I
Broadway Plaza Addition
-- City of Walnut Creek
(Majority Approval Required)
71.37% Yes votes ......
28.63% No votes
- BROADWAY PLAZA ADDITION INITIATIVE. Shall the ordinance allowing a new two-story retail anchor building, such as a Neiman Marcus store, of approximately half the square footage of the Nordstrom building, in Broadway Plaza at South Main St. and Mt. Diablo Blvd.; increasing the site's floor-to-area ratio limit; and addressing parking and transportation issues by amending the Walnut Creek General Plan and Zoning Ordinance; and approving a Development Agreement, be adopted?
The order of the contests and candidates on this ballot representation is NOT necessarily the same as your county's official ballot.
If you print and mark your choices on this page and take it to the polls instead of an official sample ballot, be very careful.
Contra Costa Home Page
|| About Smart Voter
|| Donate to Us
Data Created: December 29, 2009 12:04 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.