Runoff Election 5/19/2009
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
David T. Vahedi
- Occupation: Boardmember, Neighborhood Council
- Elected Member and Co-Founder, Westside Neighborhood Council
- Member and former Legislative Chair, Westwood Westside Democratic Club
- Mentor of at-risk teens
- Reducing traffic congestion
- Improving infrastructure for a better quality of life
- Increasing residents' involvement and respect by government
- Occupation: Nonprofit Organization Director
- Attended UCLA, Hamilton High School, Palms Middle School and Canfield Elementary School
- State Assemblyman 2000 - 2006
- City Councilmember 1988-2000, West Hollywood
- Southern California Director, California League of Conservation Voters
- 25 year member, Sierra Club
- Founded local neighborhood watch group
Adeena N. (Bleich) Bleich
- Community Involvement
- Planning / Traffic
- Environmental Protection
- Occupation: Director, Non-Profit Organization
- Get Traffic Moving Again
- Make Schools the Center of our Communities
- Revive Los Angeles' Economy and Green our City
- Occupation: Neighborhood Advocate/Attorney
- Started and managed several successful businesses.
- Former editor for the Los Angeles Business Journal.
- Member, Bel Air-Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council
- L.A.P.D. West L.A. Police Advisory Board.
- Task force for Westside Transportation Partners.
- Served 20 years as Cantor at Temple B'nai Emet
Robyn Ritter Simon
- End waste and improve fiscal management in city government
- Upgrade critical neighborhood services, such as police and fire response, and road paving.
- Improve city's business climate to help create jobs and revive our economy.
- Occupation: Community Leader/Businesswoman
- President, National Women's Political Caucus
- National Council of Jewish Women, Board Member
- President of Century City Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Director of Leadership LA
- West LA Area Planning Commissioner
- Long time active member of Temple Isaish in Rancho Park, mother of three teenage boys
- Reducing traffic congestion & expanding mass transit
- Insuring public safety by putting more police officers on the beat
- Creating strong partnerships between schools and the City
- Occupation: Attorney
- Business Executive
- Fixing our city budget so we can protect vital city services
- Using a smarter city budget to improve education and traffic
- Being truly responsive to the citizens of Los Angeles
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
L.A. City Clerk Election Division
Video Candidate Statements
News and Analysis
- District Map
Westside Community News Project
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.