(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Antonio R. Villaraigosa
- Occupation: Mayor of Los Angeles
- Occupation: Lawyer
- Princeton, B.A., cum laude, Public & Int'l Affairs 1981
- Georgetown, J.D., cum laude, Law Journal, 1984
- Licensed real estate broker
- Wrote official ballot arguments re various measures (e.g., Measures A and E on the current ballot).
- Wrote Jamiel's Law
- 1. Protect the middle class taxpayer: save hundreds of millions per year by ending "welfare for the rich" and other boondoggles
- 2. Protect children: make every neighborhood a safe neighborhood by hiring police and scrapping all failed "anti-gang" programs.
- 3. Promote our quality of life: stop overdevelopment and overcrowding rather than out-of-state developers' profit margins.
David "Zuma Dogg" Saltsburg
- Occupation: Deputy City Attorney
- Occupation: Community Advocate/Economist
- Published Author, Methods for Management of Quality & Productivity
- Will implement Deming's 14 point "quality management" plan to improve efficiency, reduce waste and cut bureaucracy.
- Federal and State money handed out by the city to provide services to the community must make it INTO the community, not into phony hands.
- It is the mayor's job to represent and reflect the spirit and will of the community, not fight and retaliate against it.
David R. Hernandez
- Occupation: General Contractor/Whistleblower
- Occupation: Civic Community Leader
- Executive Director San Fernando Chamber of Commerce
- President LA Mission College Foundation
- President Justiceville/Homeless USA
- President Los Angeles Public Access Coalition
- Youth Service Network Board member
- Combat Vietnam Veteran USN 1967-1971
Craig X Rubin
- Occupation: Pastor
- UCLA History Major
- Worked in Television and Movies
- Owned a chain of retail stores
- Create desalinized water plant in Los Angeles
- End the Federal Consent decree over the LAPD
- Keep energy prices low in Los Angeles
- Occupation: Legal Assistant
- Occupation: Union Meat Packer
- Occupation: Entertainer
- served in the 753rd in the US Army Reserves
- graduated from the Univ. of Wisconsin - 1991
- lived and worked in many countries after college
- speaks several languages, including Spanish
- Screen Actors Guild member since 1997
Anthony R. Maldonado
Caesar Saint Augustine de Buonaparte
- Abolish Special Order 40 and crackdown on illegal immigration
- Slash the City budget and reduce staff to reduce tax burden on voters
- Open door policy. Once a week, first 48 people - get 10min. w/Mayor.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
L.A. City Clerk Election Division
Candidate Statements (Taped by City Channel 35)
Patt Morrison Interviews the Candidates on KPCC 89.3FM (listen with RealPlayer)
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.