(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Incumbent Member of Congress, Attorney at Law
- Education: University of Missouri-Columbia / Bachelor of Science degree in public relations with an emphasis in public service
- Education Cont'd: University of Missouri-Columbia School of law / juris doctorate degree
Chris S. Sander
- We need to roll back the Republican-sponsored tax-credits, worth $14 billion for Big Oil, and instead invest those resources in the America's future.
- The Congressman is committed to pursuing policies that will provide long-term security for American citizens.
- Curbing methamphetamine abuse nation-wide, and particularly in Jefferson County is a top priority for Congressman Carnahan.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Mortgage Broker
- Past President, Missouri Assn. of Mortgage Brokers
- Member, National Assn. of Mortgage Brokers
- Missouri Delegate - National Assn. of Mortgage Brokers
Kevin C. Babcock
- Small Government / Low Taxes
- Pro Life / Pro 2nd Amendment
- Strong Military and National Defense
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Attorney
- JD Saint Louis University School of Law
Cynthia "Cindy" Redburn
- End the war in Iraq
- Eliminate the personal income tax
- End the War on Drugs
- Party: Constitution
- Occupation: Retired teacher
- State Secretary - Missouri Constitution Party
- Restore Constitutional Government
- America's Interests First
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Saint Louis has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
2 questions on Qualification and Priorities.
Campaign Finance Data
- US House of Representative
- Federal Election Commission
- Missouri Ethics Commission
- Follow the Money
- Open Secrets
- Missouri Election Campaign Finance
- Kids Voting Missouri
- PEW Election On-line
- Project Vote Smart
News and Analysis
- The League of Women Voters of St. Louis and the National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE).are co-sponsoring a candidate forum for candidates running for Congressional Districts 1, 2, and 3 in the November General Election. The forum will be held on Monday, October 20, 2008, at the Kirkwood United Methodist Church, 201 W. Adams in Kirkwood, 63122, from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Saint Louis Post-Dispatch
TV and Radio News
Secretary of State
- Contacts for Political Parties in Missouri
League of Women Voters
- Election Information Secretary of State
- Secretary of State Voter Information Lookup
- Information for Offices of County Clerks/Election Officials
- Register to vote!
- Missouri Absentee Ballot Request
- LWVUS Election 2008
- League of Women Voters of Missouri (find local LWV)
- League of Women Voters of Saint Louis
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.