(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Jeremiah W. "Jay" Nixon
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Attorney General
- Missouri Attorney General, 1993-present
- Missouri State Senator, 1987-1992
- Bachelor's Degree, University of Missouri, 1978
- Juris Doctorate, University of Missouri Law School, 1981
- Bringing good-paying jobs and economic growth to Missouri
- Expanding access to quality, affordable health care
- Supporting public schools and making college more affordable
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Small Business Owner, US Congressman
- B.S. Agricultural Economics, University of Missouri
- J.D. University of Mississippi
Andrew W. "Andy" Finkenstadt
- Missouri must get back into the business of creating jobs. To do this, we must keep taxes low and invest in education and workforce training.
- We need a market based plan to lower premiums and provide affordable healthcare for all Missourians. We cannot afford a return to failed policies...
- We must restore faith in government by making it more honest, open and accountable to Missouri taxpayers.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Libertarian
- Senior Software Engineer
- Franciscan University of Stuebenville (1983-1987)
- Music Minister at St. Joseph Church (Cottleville)
Gregory E. Thompson
- Maximize Liberty for All Missourians
- Reduce size of government and resulting taxes
- Eliminate government interference
- Party: Constitution
- Occupation: Minister
- Doctorate, Certified Christian Counselor
- Masters & Specialist Degrees in Education Administration
- Former Principal & Superintendent of Schools in Miami and Humansville Missouri
- Received Christian Life Commission Award from Missouri Southern Baptists
- Received the Eagle Award from Eagle Forum
- Chairman of State Sportsmanship Committee
Theodis Brown, Sr.
- Restoring our Republic under God for future generations so that we are not ashamed for leaving a legacy of pain and suffering for our posterity.
- Returning to the original principals under the Constitution with limited Federal Government and restoring sovereignty and freedoms lost.
- With proper foundation in place, we will protect, all innocent human life, choice for parents in education of children, sovereignty, 2nd Amendment,
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Missouri has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
2 questions on Qualification and Priorities.
Campaign Finance Data
- Federal Election Commission
- Missouri Ethics Commission
- Follow the Money
- Open Secrets
- Missouri Election Campaign Finance
- Kids Voting Missouri
- PEW Election On-line
- Project Vote Smart
News and Analysis
Saint Louis Post Dispatch
Saint Louis Beacon
Saint Louis Post-Dispatch
TV and Radio News
Secretary of State
- Contacts for Political Parties in Missouri
League of Women Voters
- Election Information Secretary of State
- Secretary of State Voter Information Lookup
- Information for Offices of County Clerks/Election Officials
- Register to vote!
- Missouri Absentee Ballot Request
- LWVUS Election 2008
- League of Women Voters of Missouri (find local LWV)
- League of Women Voters of Saint Louis
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
This election is archived. Any links to sources outside of Smart Voter may no longer be active. No further links will be added to this page.