This information is provided by the candidate
Jack Lindblad's Biographical Highlights and Background:
Occupation: Architect - Private Practitioner:
Social Justice and Community Activism:
- Responsible for project budget determination, analysis and adherence. All projects have been profitable and delivered on-time.
- Master of Architecture, Texas A&M University with an Outpatient Healthcare Facility thesis.
- Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Design, University of Washington.
- Pioneered a mix of services which defined Diagnostic and Treatment Ambulatory Outpatient Surgical Medical Centers with MRI Facilities as a new building type. Employed innovative day-lighting techniques integral to the building design. Jack's work has included religious campus planning and revitalization of existing commercial centers to foster pedestrian-friendly, transit-oriented, mixed use sustainable urban environments
- Testified as expert witness in forensic consultations.
- Taught at Woodbury University, contributes to professional journal articles and has been listed in the Who's Who Registry.
- Featured panelist on "Healthcare Interiors that Work" at the Pacific Design Center's Healthcare Forum in Los Angeles in 1987.
- Exhibitor of the Aspen Medical Center at Association of Western Hospitals Convention in Anaheim California in 1986.
- Consultant to Veterans Administration, developed 250,000 square foot Sepulveda California VA Outpatient Diagnostic and Surgery Center concepts into preliminary and design development physical modeling presentations. Defined and input comprehensive parameters into a successful run of a Texas A & M University computer energy audit in 1980.
- Evaluated a major computer complex (from a building envelope perspective) in a premiere application of the State of California 1st Generation Energy Standards in 1978.
- Candidate for Pacifica's foundation radio station KPFK Listener-Sponsor Board in 2007.
- Participant, May 2006 Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley Immigration Rallies.
- Elected Member, Green Party Los Angeles County Council; Senate District 20 2006-2008 (Northeast San Fernando Valley)
- Participant in rallies and demonstrations for the impeachment of the Bush regime.
- Participant in San Fernando Valley-based vigil demonstrations against the US war in Iraq.
- Co-organizer, Media event to increase public awareness of the detrimental community impact of long-vacant, blighted, building code-compromised 13 story Panorama Towers.
- Participant, "Conflict Resolution Training-Mending Human Relations" sponsored by L.A. City Human Relations Commission, National Conference for Community and Justice.
- Co-author and presenter, award-winning Panorama City Urban Design Assistance Team Study for developing of a sustainable historic commercial area in cooperation with the Los Angeles City Council and Planning Department.
- Coro Southern California Neighborhood Leadership Development Program Graduate, 2003
- Served as an initiator of the Panorama City and Valley Glen Neighborhood Council formations.
- Active member in the Economic Alliance of the San Fernando Valley Livable Communities Council.
- Candidate of the Peace and Freedom Party for the 24th US Congressional Seat in 1992.
- Organizer of San Fernando Valley-based weekly vigil demonstrations against the US-led Iraq invasion in 1991.
- Organizer of 'Censorship in Corporate Media' on-site demonstrations against local media outlets of corporate-owned ABC, CBS, and NBC initiated during the media spin build-up to Gulf War I in 1991.
- Candidate of the Peace and Freedom Party for the 42nd California Assembly Seat in 1990.
- Workshop participant/presenter of Los Angeles Citywide General Plan Framework for the Van Nuys-North Sherman Oaks District.
- Featured in California Centers Magazine as an advocate for compact shopping and business environs along the 16-mile Ventura Boulevard Corridor.
- Workshop participant of Paolo Soleri's energy-efficient, sustainable city (arcology) prototype in Arizona.
- Co-presenter on "Artist-Owned Live/Work Space as Catalyst for Central Business District Recovery."
- Featured speaker representing the advocacy group 'Fans of the Sepulveda Basin' at US Army Corps of Engineers Hearings on saving the Sepulveda Dam Basin Wilderness Area in 1992.
- Featured speaker at Amgen Headquarter on holding Big Tobacco financially accountable for runaway health care costs associated with smoking in 1992.
- Featured speaker at Los Angeles Valley College's Earth Day Event in 1991.
- Organizer, Low-cost Jitney Service for the San Fernando Valley in 1990.