This information is provided by the candidate
18 + YEARS OF LEGISLATIVE KNOW-HOW AND EXPERIENCE
LIFELONG DEMOCRATIC ACTIVISM
- District Director and political advisor to Congressman Howard Berman
- Former Legislative Director on Congressman Berman's staff in Washington
- Former Government Affairs Director for the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy
- Former aide to Senator Bill Bradley
- Graduate (with honors) from Duke University, majored in Public Policy Studies
- Graduate, Anderson School of Business Executive Program at UCLA
- Completed coursework at the Annenberg School of Communications at USC
- Member, Democratic Party of the San Fernando Valley
- Member, Valley Grassroots for Democracy
- Member, Democrats for Israel
- Member, Democratic State Central Committee
- Worked on the Clinton/Gore Campaign (1992) and helped coordinate the Clinton/Gore Valley Coordinated Campaign (1996)
- Volunteered for Kerry for President in 2004 and has also worked on many local, state and congressional races
- Participated in every National Democratic Nominating Convention since 1980
- Founding member of the San Fernando Valley Veterans Day Parade Committee
- Chair, Valley Anti-Defamation League Advisory Board
- Graduate, Valley Leadership Institute
- Boardmember, L.A. League of Conservation Voters
- Member of the West Valley Jewish Community Center Public Affairs Committee
- Member, California Highway Patrol Citizens Advisory Committee
- Boardmember, Children's Pressline national youth journalism/advocacy organization
- Vice Chair, California Trust For Public Schools
- Played a critical role in securing $130 million to expedite the carpool lane on the northbound 405 freeway
- Worked with Congressman Berman to secure tens of millions in federal funding for a variety of important local projects including an environmental at-risk youth camp, the Children's Museum, a gang-prevention program with Communities in Schools, a Tree People demonstration project, an innovative Senior Transportation Project, greening and flood projects, a Transit Station Extension at Valley College, enhanced landscaping along the Orange Bus Line, a Nurses Training Program, a domestic violence program, and a natural gas fueling station.
- Point person for Congressman Berman's legislation which brought billions of dollars in aid to the Valley after the Northridge Earthquake.
- Drafted and developed the 1997 Strategic Plan for the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy.
- Worked to acquire thousands of acres of open space for public use and protection.
- Wrote legislation to rout out corporate welfare to defense contractors who were being subsidized for overseas trade-shows.
- Worked closely with the Government Accounting Office to reveal defense Contractor fraud with regard to the Nation's Missile Defense Program.
- Bob Blumenfield lives in Woodland Hills with his wife, Kafi, and their baby daughter, Nia.
- His siblings and their families also live in the Valley.