This is an archive of a past election.|
See http://www.smartvoter.org/ca/state/ for current information.
|San Francisco County, CA||November 4, 2008 Election|
I Ask For Your Vote.
By Tom AmmianoCandidate for Member of the State Assembly; District 13
This information is provided by the candidate
I am someone who has a legislative history of getting things done.I ask for you to vote for me for State Assembly because I am a person who gets things done. I am someone who gets stakeholders together to address problems and come up with solutions. Working with others, we have:
· Passed into law the Health Care Access program, making San Francisco the first city in America to provide universal health care access.
· Were pioneers to create more affordable housing and protect the rights of tenants.
· Won passage of the most comprehensive living wage law in the nation that established the principle that no one should be paid less than it costs to survive.
· Authored San Francisco's landmark domestic partners law, a hard-won victory that broke new ground in civil rights for gays and lesbians.
· Spearheaded District Elections, the system that finally broke downtown's stranglehold on City Hall and brought neighborhood concerns back into City Government.
· Sponsored sweeping campaign finance reform and ethics laws to minimize the influence of special interest money on elections and to open government to public participation .
· Authored "Great Schools for a Great City" which is a national model of how city government can share and provide resources to public schools.
· Authored the creation of the "Rainy Day Fund" in 2003 which required San Francisco to bank money during high revenue years to be used for a "Rainy Day". We are in rainy day times now and because of this fund, we were able to allocate about $19 million dollars to public schools, making us the only urban school district to not have lay offs.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2008 Home (Ballot Lookup) || About Smart Voter